Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheapest place for a haynes manual

Options
  • 07-07-2005 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there are any bricks+mortor shops in Dublin or am I as well to do it online. Was thinking ebay but sometimes with P+P it bumps it up
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

there is a motor factors on Capel St that does a good range (IIRC) and I think Halfrauds (Coolock, Blanch & Liffey valley) also do them.
    However, I have found that the books [I have looked at] which cover newer models are suitable for reading whilst on the loo and little else!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I got mine in Halfords - €25 (cheaper than anywhere else except for one outlet who told me it could take up to four weeks to get the one I wanted). Halfords had it off the shelf.

IMO, anyone who attempts the more serious jobs armed with only a Haynes manual is either brave or very stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Dilbert75 wrote:
    IMO, anyone who attempts the more serious jobs armed with only a Haynes manual is either brave or very stupid.

tend to agree. haynes manuals tend to be basic in comparison with the complexity of modern cars.
    the seem to do an extensove section on engine re-building, yet few if any problems you read about here, and other places require an engine re-build.

Based on the typical reported (Fule, Ignition and general electrical) problems, lots of DIY test equipment, schematics and test procedures are required, but not covered al all.

IMHO, Haynes are poor and Chilton are worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

cubix what manual ya lookin' for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote:
    Halfrauds

LOL :D

Yet another British retail chain that has discovered the most lucrative market in the world is... Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Point taken lads :rolleyes: Stratos nissian primera P10 model, I also have one for a carina E 92-97 if anyone cares to swap?

Cubix

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

unkel wrote:
    LOL :D

Yet another British retail chain that has discovered the most lucrative market in the world is... Ireland!
    To defend my phraseology, I recently bought a number of items necessary for my trip to france in the L.V. outlet.

After discussing the items with what appeared to be knowledgeable staff (some there are really really really clueless), the mini air conditioner was just a glorified fan and of absolutely no use and the roofbox came with plastic restraining brackets which clamped the U pieces into place [the yokes to go around the roof bars]. These were so ineffective that before leaving the house (after packing the roofbox) I patted the box and one of the U rings just fell down onto the roof of the car. :mad:

Advertisement