Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are AXA doing bike quotes now?!

Options
  • 07-07-2005 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭

Are AXA doing bike quotes now does anybody know or do I have to go thru AON1??! I'm all confused... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It's ok - I called them and they won't quote directly..you have to go thru Aon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

tk123 wrote:
    It's ok - I called them and they won't quote directly..you have to go thru Aon :(
    I've just signed up with AXA through AON for the year, and saved 300 quid on my Hibernian quote (renewal was July, so they still quoted me one last time) and nearly 500 quid on the quote I got from Carole Nash..

I called into them (they're just around the corner from Lower Grand Canal Street) and they're a nice, helpful bunch. Read your policy documentation carefully though, as they mucked up mine. They omitted a zero as the end of the value of my motorcycle, so they had it valued at a little over a grand.. :eek: It was quickly sorted, but I'd hate to think of the problems I would have run into had my bike been stolen, if I hadn't noticed the muck-up..

Thats just it - I was with Aon for 3 years and they made a mistake every year - my name was wrong the reg was wrong etc!!! I called them last week and they quoted me €863 fully comp, i called again yesterday to go ahead with the quote and it was gone up to €935!! When I asked why it had the jumped up the guy was really really rude..CN are quoting me €800 TPO so they're no help either!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

No revelation here, but the bike insurance market in this country is really screwed up. I found about 4/5 errors or omissions in the policy documentation I got from AON, but then again, they problems were explained and remedied straight away.. For me, they're cheaper than HiB and CN and a hell of a lot nicer, so for the moment, they're my heros..

Well they were my heros untl yesterday when that grumpy guy took my call!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

I always have to chase them to get my documentation at all. With my last bike I was riding around for a month with no documentation on the phone to them twice a week, in the end I rang them up and told them I'd been stopped at a checkpoint last night and they had eight days to get the cert out to me otherwise I was going to be done for 'no insurance'.

That said its always been perfect and I've found thme to be great on the phone although I don't have anybody to compare them to because Carol Nash and Hiberian won't talk to me, Carole Nash actually hung up on me when I told them I was under 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shadow_2k5

Yeah There Useing Aon Bike Ins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

I always have to chase them to get my documentation at all.

Reminds me of the time I had to take a half day off work and walk between Hibernians and Aon's offices twice, before they would give me proof of "1 yrs no claims" on my brothers policy.

Advertisement