Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone know what Traksure special website to locate your car is

Options
  • 07-07-2005 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I had traksure for over 2 years now i was reading on there website today

http://www.axa.ie/car/traksure.html

"You also get state of the art protection for your car against theft
    Because Traksure uses GPS, in the event of your car being stolen you can log onto a special website to located your car."

Ive never been given a webiste or any information on this, has anyone else

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sounds like marketing crap to me, I've never heard of any GPS tracking service that allows customers to track their own cars, in fact I'm pretty sure they'll only report the stolen vehicle's location to the police. You should get onto them and ask them to confirm or deny the statement, and if it's not true you should ask them to remove it from the website.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Hey there,

I under insured under that policy of tracksure with axa and i would not recommend it, i was ripped off to the last.

O yeah the box that you get installed well it never worked and they never requested that it be fixed.

Heres the story ok..

I got the box fitted at a cost of €1,000.00+ (non refundable when you finish with the policy). It stopped working three hours after it was installed (I found out a year later). Not only that but the wanker who installed it had connected it to the throttle body (not required), meaning that the car would rev sky high with no warning at all. This nearly blew the engine and the primary cause of me having to replace the car. The engine would have blown to bits only for i took it to a dealer mechanic. Axa didnt want to hear about it and put the blame onto the garage that installed it, it was axa who picked the garage.

I got my renewal forms a year later and there was an extra charge for servicing the box, this was paid but never done. The box ****ed the battery as it just drains the battery, battery had to be replaced.

Changed cars another cost of installing again €100.00+. I kinda knew the lad who was fitting the box and he showed me how it worked on the computer after he installed it and the computer stated "1.5m S/E Newry"

If your car gets stolen fair play to you if you can find it.

In the mean time when all this was going on i was still meaning charge €3000 yr 1 €2500 yr 2, so much for reduced premiums.

I had a huge row with axa when my policy finished up in the second year. I was working full time and they wanted the box returned another €100.00 for this from a garage in Cavan, so that wasnt going to happen so i cut it out. Went down to their office and ****ed it on their desk.

AXA are idiots and i have a big hate towards them, try brokers, i am with first ireland in phibsboro and theres a lad there called scott who sorted me out with a great quote for a 3rd yr a drivin my premium wa €1000.00 and this yr it should come down again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

I think there ok but there the only car insurance I have used. There was an attempt to rob my car on Monday morning the back window was smashed and front driver side lock was completely pulled out "barrel popped" a garda told me. Within few mins of speaking with axa they had arranged for the windows to be replace later that day witch was cover my insurance. Then I dropped my car into a garage yesterday to get the lock fixed, rang axa and they told my to get the garage to send them the bill. All covered with out affecting my no claims bonus.

I paid 2400 + 1000 for first year insurance 1700 second year and next year I will pay 786 witch they guy said was 70% reduction and the lowest any driver would get and I still on a provisional licence. I’m still going to ring around next year just in case

In regards to the tracker box are you saying that you drive within the speed limit, have you ever received a report stating that you where over the speed limit.

I broke the speed limit on purpose when i had it installed to see and nothing, I was doing 80mph in a 60 mph on a straight road at three in the morning, i received no warning or nothing from axa or the broker who looks after that records of the black box, I even rang them to see if they recorded me doin 80mph, they hadnt. But the thing never worked.

Its so so much money, am glad to hear that they are a bit more friendly towards you than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

I kept within the speed limit for the first year and noticed that axa didnt have a clue what was going on with regards to the little back box. so i drive around the same as most people do . it obvious now that these boxes arent being monitored but who cares if it wasnt for tracksure i would not be driving my own car. At the time the cheapest quote i could get was around €3800 -4800 on a 1.0 micra

O yea i should also add i was told that when i complete the third year i will be considered to have 5 years no claims bonus

• Advertisement

Try and get your full driving license and watch the doors of opportunity opened.

Happy motoring, by the way the micra is a good car for starting off in.

Try and get your full driving license and watch the doors of opportunity open.

Happy motoring, by the way the micra is a good car for starting off in.

Advertisement