Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Others...?

Options
  • 07-07-2005 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

The Truth About Flight 815
    by Carson Beckworth
    UFO Watchers Weekly
    Febuary 13, 2005

Exploration into the backgrounds of several of the passengers turned up several who had no history. No driver's licenses, no social security numbers. They were essentially people who 'do not exist.' You might say that they had lied about their names or were traveling on false documents, however, it is well known that these people are most often government spooks traveling secretly throughout the world.

ie: Ethan? [heavy spoilers abound for those viewing Irish episodes]
    Was Ethan a government "spook"? Was he travelling secretly, and happened to end up on the island he knew all about already? Did he know about the secrets of the island, the hatch, the security system?

Maybe he was told, for God knows what reason, (we are talking about Lost after all!) to find a child with extraordinary powers, so he goes after Claire and her baby. But he soon finds out that he has the wrong child, so he lets them go, and Charlie shoots him before he has a chance to take Walt.

The men in the boat that kidnap Walt in the end may be other government "spooks" who have resided on the island for years, developing their military project. They realise that Ethan Rom has failed his task in finding another child, and so they take Walt.

Just my 2 cents, I've never discussed at length theories about Lost, but maybe now's my time!
    [/heavy spoilers abound for those viewing Irish epsiodes]

Quote at top taken from www.driveshaftband.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Ye I somewhat think the same regarding the Ethan / Walt story!!

However ethan wasnt on the flight....or maybe he was but he seemed to knew the area a bit too well and his hunting / attacking skills were well practised! He may have been brought as you say by under a "government" task; but i believed he would have been heavily armed if this was so!! i think ethan was brought here on a previous flight, ship etc and the numbers proberly had something to play with his destiny too....

The hatch could have some reference to Ethan, if government trales are revealed but i think this is highly unlikely!!! This hatch is bad....but in what way....as Walt must have preminitioned as he says not to open the hatch!!! The hatch was not meant to be opened....BAD IDEA me thinks...

Ethan took Claire for a reason; the whole "others" thing really confused me especially on the last episode when the french woman where i believe that she simulated the coming of the others (however i could be very wrong saying this too)

Walt special gifts i always thought was going to play a big part in the script , His kidnapping was a major shock to me....was not expected at all!! and i presume nest season all should be revealed...(well maybe!)

Advertisement