Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will She / Wont She? Never gets old

Options
  • 07-07-2005 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I dont know who knows me on this so Im Unreg at the moment.

Here is the thing. I have this best friend of mine. We have been friends for almost six years and went out once a long time ago. When we went out it was fantastic. Complete and Magic love. Well the thing is that its all happening all over again 6 years later! ! ! And well it cant for loads of reasons. I know she feels the same and Its really hard being friends but it is not an option that we could not be best friends.Its also not an option that we could act on our feelings. What to do What to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

why can't you act on your feelings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yes, why can't you act on your feelings?

There's nobody holding a rocket launcher to your head or hers, so what's stopping ye?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

sounds a little similar to something i've seen, but if you don't think you can be just friends with her, then you got to cut ties. If she feels the same but won't/can't be more than friends i think you've got to cut ties. the feelings don't fade if you care deeply for the person (which you obviously do) and that's possibly the reason they came back is maybe you're both not suited to be "just" friends, regardless of how well ye get on together. sorry if i've rambled, i hope things work out well for both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You know, you're really not giving us much to go on.

Why can't you go out? Why can't you be together? What's stopping you?

Details, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

i agree
    it sounds like you both have serious relationships with other persons

so its do or dont
    with the latter of the two resulting in complications 70% of the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well our lifestyles clash for one. We have different friends that wouldnt get along and her parents deeply dissaprove of me to the point that they think I havnt been around in 4 years. Shes leaving for a number of years also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Well our lifestyles clash for one. We have different friends that wouldnt get along and her parents deeply dissaprove of me to the point that they think I havnt been around in 4 years. Shes leaving for a number of years also
    So go with her or forget about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It should be about you and her and the time that you choose to spend together. You dont have to have either of your group of friends involved or for that matter either of your parents. If you both want to be a couple for a while then make time for each other in your lives. Regret only the things you didnt do,
    it may work out it may not, better to try and know and love and learn then
    wonder and regret esp if she is going away. Who knows her plans may change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

How do your lifestyles differ and where is she going to?

The rest of it is other peoples problems to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Well confronted her . And got shot down. At least I tried. Dont wana go into the reasons but thought id end the story . Apparently we wouldnt make a good couple due to my manic depression. Tell ya If anything makes it worse its hearing that .....!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Grimes wrote:
    Well confronted her . And got shot down. At least I tried. Dont wana go into the reasons but thought id end the story . Apparently we wouldnt make a good couple due to my manic depression. Tell ya If anything makes it worse its hearing that .....!

My sympathies. :(

Least now, you know though. Better that way.

Go out there, snap up someone new, start afresh and without complications :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

Grimes wrote:

Well we know who you are now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

DAEDULUS
    you have been warned repeatedily.
    One week ban.
    Please read the charter,
    Have a nice day,
    PI mods dont sleep.
    Thaed

Ha , what a rookie mistake to reply to my own unreg thread while im logged on. Boo urns . Anyway issue solved with 5am chardonnay , tears and boards

PS this was posted in 2002. Expect another one in 2008

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82867

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

lmao that was good.

Thanks for the laugh.
    Soz to hear it aint working out how you like it.

well we kinda hooked up and It was the most beatiful moment of my life and thats no lie! was so happy. Been floating on air the past few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i say go for it man...if u do like each other like u say u do then everything will work around u guys and her parents will come to terms wit it etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Grimes wrote:
    well we kinda hooked up and It was the most beatiful moment of my life and thats no lie! was so happy. Been floating on air the past few days!
    good stuff. Be carefull though, if she rejected you once she may do it again. Take it easy.

Advertisement