Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulin Pump - how does it feel to wear it?

Options
  • 06-07-2005 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of being on the insulin pump - am not interested in the medical aspects, I would just like to know how it feels like to be attached to the machine for most/all of the day. Things that come to mind are:
    * how can you have sex while on it?
    * how do you go swimming?
    * how do you still wear tight clothes with it on?
    * how do you sleep with it on?
    Other questions will no doubt come to mind - am currently going through the numerous hoops to try to get it.

Am also curious as to where it is worn during pregnancy - this is the main reason why I am trying to get it (apart from numerous severe hypos where I lost consciousness in a bid to get a pre-conception blood sugar low enough to have kids.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Coconut

Don't have any personal experience to offer, sorry.
    But I do remember coming across this site before (http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk/experiences/) for a college project. I remember one women taped a yo-yo to her tummy for a few days just to see what it felt like to be "attached" to something! Your diabetic clinic/doctor should be able to help with all the practical information, but while you're still considering it, maybe some of your questions are answered here.

Good luck with it!

Advertisement