Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crap roads everywhere!!!

Options
  • 06-07-2005 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

What is the story with the condition of roads. Ok this is one topic that id say has been well fleshed out but its really annoying driving to work and home again and having to be forced to drive through these huge pot holes in the road.

They are everywhere on the Carrick Dundalk road. My wheel alingment is surely fecked now, it just steers straight left now.

Can i go to the local town council or county council with a nice invoice from a garage that is after fixing my car and ask them to pay it, as it was their roads that broke it in the first place.

I do know of a case in which a lad got his local authority to pay for repairs a one of his alloys after he hit a pot hole on the road, he took a photo of both and presented both to the local authority and they paid up.

Why pay road tax?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

I had to change my tyre thanks to a pot hole.
    the corporation should have inspectors after road works have been done to ensure the roads are in a proper state.
    Ever drive in Spain or France? The roads are immaculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

The roads in this country are generally a disgrace.

Do as I did when driving Monaghan to Dundalk and back every day, learn the pot holes & avoid them at all cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Tell ya a story about this patch of road ok, it was built on top of a bog (no choice really) but the road stinks a bit in places so the road which is striaght for a good mile is full of humps. So the council had a brain wave and decided to fill in a patch of the road to level out this hump.

Ok they put down stones which where powered into the road to make them stick, grand that worked a treat for....one day and then they went to tarmac it, great...but on one of the hottest days we have had this summer.

There s not much tarmac left only holes, id say there s more tarmac on car tyres than on that road at the mo.

England has great roads, NI has great roads, no wonder cars here at prone to break down in this country. I agree that there should be some type of check alright.

The council should be made to keep up the cost of some to the repairs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

With the amount of god damn tax we pay you'd think they would do something about the roads..

Although i did see 2 new tractors for the county council in service recently :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

micky mouse council,s are a joke in this country :mad: not one off them are fit to keep the roads,whats this half ass c..p of spraying tar and then putting loose chippings on it,they never even had a roller,just left it to the cars to roll it in :confused: road tax and nct for what :mad: handy money for nothing :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement