Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My brother screwing over his girlfriend

Options
  • 05-07-2005 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, maybe someone can give me decent advice about this:

My brother lives abroad and has done for 2 years. His girlfriend also lives in the EU, and comes to Ireland every year (that's how they met). She rigged it so that she could spend her third year in college over here because she was under the impression my brother was unable to continue his studies after his 2nd year.

But, my bro will be staying over there it seems to pursue a career over there. Me and the rest of the family think that's a good thing, because he's better off finishing up over there than coming back and starting again because of something he said to a girl.

Trouble is that the three of us made plans to move in together to share rent. That would've meant a nice appartment with shared rent, but if my brother is not coming back, and I'm not moving in with his smitten girlfriend. He hasn't told her about it all yet, because he hasn't fully made up his mind.

To be honest, my loyalties lie with my bro, but the girl is over in a few weeks and she'll expect me to hang out with her. If my brother isn't with her, I don't want to keep an active friendship, really. And I've no interest in banging her either, so don't float that boat.

The problem with her coming over here is that where the **** will she live? And it's indirectly my brother's fault for saying that he'd feckin well be back here. I've no clue what to do. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

This is your brothers fault and it should be dealt between him and his (ex) girlfriend. I wouldn't take on this worry if I were you. Just understand that it is not your fault. If you keep thinking about it you will think its your fault and take on responsibilty for your brother

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I like the way you disguise "dammit, I'm missing out on a cool apartment" as concern for your brother's bird. ;)

Was there ever an actual apartment or was one going to magically appear when the two of them showed up in Ireland? She'll just have to get a place of her own, or more likely go back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I like the way you disguise "dammit, I'm missing out on a cool apartment" as concern for your brother's bird. ;)
    You forgot to add "and I dont want to bang her as compo" ;) .

Serious issue here man. Your bro should have sorted this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Get your Bro to sort this ASAP!! This girl is coming over to go to college, that's stressfull enough as it is moving to a different country. But to add the fact that she's now been dumped and won't have anywhere to stay AS WELL as knowing NO ONE, that's a really ****ty situation to be in and no one deserves it.

Get your bro to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

kick your bro's a$$. It's his problem, and if he doesn't deal with it, give the girlfriend his new address,a baseball bat and put her in a taxi to the airport.

Seriuosly though, tell your brother to get the finger out and make up his mind. It's not fair on her. She at least needs some help finding a place to stay though....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

TBH your brother is being an asshole. Its bad enough hes not being honest with a girl who is prepared to move to another country for him, but you are being dragged down with her. Cruel and selfish are 2 words that spring to mind immediatly. Your loyalty is right to lie with your brother but I dont know where your morals lie if you dont kick his ass into some action soon. Doesnt sound like a very nice guy really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Just bang her....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Linoge
    Please read the charter,
    Have a nice day,
    Thaed

Advertisement