Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City - yet another actor change

Options
  • 05-07-2005 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

This time it's Seamus McAleer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

replaced by someone who looks at least 10 years older and has totally different mannerisms.

The amount of actor changes in Fair City since it started is an absolute disgrace. Way more than any other soap.

Each time Fair City loses what little credibility it has left.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭SeanW

Yeah I noticed that. I was out of the country for a month, came back, turned on the box, saw everyone reffering to this old dude I'd never seen before as "Seamus McAleer" and I'm like wtf? Who is that? Must have someone else playing Seamus now ...

While the new actor is as good as any of them, the other guy seemed to fit the part more. Maybe because he had it for ages ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

he isnt even the same age , and just nothing similar :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

He's SO different!
    The old Seamus looked like a very proper buisness man.
    The guy they have now looks like a farmer who's put on his one & only suit to go to the bank manager for a loan!
    He makes the character much friendlier & seemingly trustworthy.

I don't like it!

no way can this guy pull off being a ruthless business man , he looks like hes goina kick the bucket anyminute :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I hadn't watched it in awhile and i was watching it today and i seen him and i was like "oh a new character".. looks nothing like the old seamus!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

A new Seamus McAleer? Really? When did this happen?

I have to admit I haven't watched the soaps very much now since I got my summer job!

happened last night , I was like whos this guy and then i copped on , the new guys way older appears fragile and just is nothing like the old guy , its terrible!
    Getting rid of Mcaleer would of been better because I swear its just such a bad replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭SeanW

I know - it's not good. The old McAleer had a more commanding presence, a posher accent and shify eyes. Perfect. The new McAleer? Different.

the old guy ya know ya could see why mondo wouldnt speak back but this lad an imagine if he gets it on with orla , hes just too old.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

We need to get rid of this imposter and bring back the real Seamus.
    This new guy could probably fill Derek's shoes but not Seamus McAleer.
    I was watching last night trying to imagine the real Seamus saying those words, but I just couldn't do it. And what about this guy getting it on with Orla, he's older than Emma's granny, I thought at first that someone from the shelter had wandered into Seamus's house and started reading his mail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

Yeah, you think they could atleast get someone in the same age bracket .. as with most things in life tho, change is difficult, and I'm sure we'll get used to him!!!

As OP mentioned there's been loads of replacements in FC, help me out here ... can't think of many at the mo' ... Wayne changed, and either Helen or Yvonne ...

Don't think it's quite accurate to say there have been so many actor changes .. a lot of the actors have been there years .. Bela, Nicola, Jimmy, Rita, Barry,Paul ... ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

How come the original actor left anyway?

The new Seamus is terrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

The older actor had more of a posher accent while this one has a more common accent! It just doesnt work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

guest31 wrote:
    As OP mentioned there's been loads of replacements in FC, help me out here ... can't think of many at the mo' ... Wayne changed, and either Helen or Yvonne ...

Don't think it's quite accurate to say there have been so many actor changes .. a lot of the actors have been there years .. Bela, Nicola, Jimmy, Rita, Barry,Paul ... ..

The following characters have seen actor changes

Noeleen McCoy
    Kay McCoy
    Mags Kelly (after one season)
    Dolores Molloy (after one season)
    Wayne Molloy
    Jimmy Doyle (after one or two seasons)
    Yvonne Doyle
    Darren Doyle
    Farrah Phelan (twice!)
    Seamus McAleer

The old wayne molloy was way better too.
    I cant get over how wrong they got it with this new guy , I cant even see the resemblance for flips sake like. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

tinkerbell wrote:
    How come the original actor left anyway?

The new Seamus is terrible!

Good question.

Anyone like to spread some light on this question??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Moe79

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    The following characters have seen actor changes

Noeleen McCoy
    Kay McCoy
    Mags Kelly (after one season)
    Dolores Molloy (after one season)
    Wayne Molloy
    Jimmy Doyle (after one or two seasons)
    Yvonne Doyle
    Darren Doyle
    Farrah Phelan (twice!)
    Seamus McAleer

The youngest Doyle had a change too - Louise.. she's been played by a few different actresses. And I think there's been three Darren's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Just worked out who the new actor that plays Seamus The-Son-Of-Aleer is

- he used play Paddy Maher in the early days of Glenroe

Advertisement