Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs List ..?

Options
  • 05-07-2005 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Just 'cause sparks did such an excellent job on charting the relationships
    between the different shooting organizations ...

Can I be really cheeky and ask if it is possible to put together a list
    of ranges / shooting clubs. :rolleyes:

Minimal contact details ..(where possible ) would be great too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

The Northern Ireland Target Shooting Association, for all contact information our web site is www.nitsa.org.uk , the club is open to membership applications from residents of Southern Ireland, for any help PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

jaycee wrote:
    Just 'cause sparks did such an excellent job on charting the relationships
    between the different shooting organizations ...

Can I be really cheeky and ask if it is possible to put together a list
    of ranges / shooting clubs. :rolleyes:

Minimal contact details ..(where possible ) would be great too.

Another club is The leinster Rifle & Pistol club , they have just got their range , their web address is http://groups.msn.com/TheLeinsterRiflePistolClub
    have a look they have photos posted

MRC is another range and there are numerous others , maybe Sparks has a list but I think that there was a bit of an upset when the Digest published a list not so long ago .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

I think that there was a bit of an upset when the Digest published a list not so long ago .

Why so.. ?
    It's hardly a list of secret organizations ... :confused:

Actually guys ..it's not just for me ,
    I just thought a compiled list would be handy to have.

If for example you found yourself in a particular part of the country it
    might be nice to have a look around and meet other shooters .

jaycee wrote:
    Why so.. ?
    It's hardly a list of secret organizations ...

If for example you found yourself in a particular part of the country it
    might be nice to have a look around and meet other shooters .

I agree , but I think that there were some clubs that were worried about giving out their contact details or something .

and yes it would be nice to mix with other shooters , in some places :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

some clubs that were worried about giving out their contact details or something

Hmmmm.. can handle firearm security apparently but not.....

(A) .. A web based email address.
    (B) .. A PO Box address.
    (C) ..A disposable , unregistered , pay as you go , mobile phone.

Strange days indeed .. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I think it was more that someone's home address was printed in a national magazine without them being told that it was going to happen JC. But the three things you listed off are a very good idea for any club to have.

Actually, I've just been emailed by Cal to say that the address wasn't printed - unfortunately, my april copy of the ISD was loaned to someone and I've not seen it since, so you might want to check your own copy of the Digest, for accuracy's sake.

Sparks wrote:
    I think it was more that someone's home address was printed in a national magazine without them being told that it was going to happen JC. But the three things you listed off are a very good idea for any club to have.

Sparks , I have the magazine here , no ones home address was printed , only a Contact name , a County and a phone number, absolutely no home or private addresses , the bare minimum of info . as was said in an earlier reply , the clubs should have a non registered phone and a po box address , that would cover security or any worries that the clubs in question might have had . this is whats wrong with the shooting community , the info passed is more rumour than fact .

Thanks for that Ammoman, and you're correct, having an address and phone number for the club instead of any one member, is definitely one of the main things clubs should do. Apart from the security considerations, it means that when committee members move on (as is only healthy, since otherwise everything stagnates eventually, even with the best of intentions), the contact details for the club don't change, you just hand over the phone to the next guy along with the PO box details and so on.

Advertisement