Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawke Reflex Scope

Options
  • 05-07-2005 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Buying one tonight unless i find a good reason not to. Im not paying close to what it says there and its for a .22wmr so it doesnt have to be anything special. Most of the stuff ill be shooting at will be at most 90yards maybe the few odd long shots. As far as i know its under warrenty as well.

Heres the specs:

Hawke Reflex Series 3-9x40

• Spring gun rated
    • 1/4 M.O.A. low profile fingertip turrets
    • Fully coated CLS (Crystal Lens Sytem)
    • 1" matt black Anti-Glare body tube
    • Waterproof - Shockproof - Fogproof
    • All Weather High Torque Zoom Ring
    • Fast Focus Eyebell

Field Of View 13-4.33m / 100m
    Length 334mm
    Weight 435g
    Price £69.95

01_1_b.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Looks like a decent enough scope even at the recommended price, so you're going great if you're getting it cheaper.
    Even better if you're getting the mounts with it, as shown in the picture.

The Reflex series has a mil-dot reticle (IIRC), so it'll be even more useful for those longer shots.

Have fun with your new purchase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

Buying one tonight unless i find a good reason not to. Im not paying close to what it says there and its for a .22wmr so it doesnt have to be anything special. Most of the stuff ill be shooting at will be at most 90yards maybe the few odd long shots. As far as i know its under warrenty as well.

Heres the specs:

Hawke Reflex Series 3-9x40

• Spring gun rated
    • 1/4 M.O.A. low profile fingertip turrets
    • Fully coated CLS (Crystal Lens Sytem)
    • 1" matt black Anti-Glare body tube
    • Waterproof - Shockproof - Fogproof
    • All Weather High Torque Zoom Ring
    • Fast Focus Eyebell

Field Of View 13-4.33m / 100m
    Length 334mm
    Weight 435g
    Price £69.95

01_1_b.JPG

Have a look at the Nikko Stirling 4-12x50,it costs about the same and has flip up lens caps. The rest of the specs on it are similar to the Hawke but it will give about 10-15 minutes extra low light shooting, which could be useful on a magnum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Well i just bought the scope off ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7166414888&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 came to £28 thats inc the mounts dont want to buy a 50mm because the 40 will fit better and 12x is way to much ill be setting it at 6x id preffer if i was able to get a set zoom but the varible are way cheaper and alot more common cant wait to try it out thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

have one on my Hornet and has done the trick on many a fox and rabbit :D

The mill dot is only usefull when it is set at the X10 mag. Good price for it i payed around €200 new for mine without mounts 2 years ago. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Thanks i think ill be leaving it at x6. Should be more than enough and giving be a wide view as well. I won't be using the mildot to calculate distance i'll be using it for long shots so ill no where to shoot i.e. if the scope is zeroed in at 90 the top of the first dot might be 150 or something

• Advertisement
Advertisement