Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get friends with someone in a group

Options
  • 05-07-2005 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

how do you get to be friends with someone in a group that your not part of?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Are you boy/girl? and are they boy/girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

try talking to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

You become friends with somebody in a seperate group to you the same way you become friends with anyone -be friendly, nice, chat to them People are very rarely rude or ogres so just treat them like they are a normal fun person you wish to be friends with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Unless they're physically attached to said group I assume it's just like getting to know anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Unless they're in a clique. Because cliques are dangerous, and needed to be quarantined from our chilled out Irish society. Try setting up a cage with a prom queen tiara in it and a trap that lowers when one climbs in.

Of course, we're in Ireland not an American high school so you should be able to just be nice and talk to him/her :) At the risk of sounding like a stalker, try and find out what their interests are and maybe just happen to try out for the same club/society as them ;) One thing people love is when you turn out to be common denominator in two of their main activites like college/club, college/home, college/ex-school etc. However if you're the common demoninator in EVERYTHING, then that does make you a stalker :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

If you are trying to become one of the 'lads',unless your funny...forget about it.
    Thats all lads really want in a m8 if you havnt noticed..think about this group your trying to be part of,is it not true that probably every single one of them can be extremely funny...Dont ever think you can become one of the lads by just being a nice guy to the leader of the pack or even worse,licking his ass...
    I'm not trying to boast but I would be 'one of the lads' in my school and it is so stupid when all these losers come up to me and start some random conversation that he doesnt actually give a **** about but acts as if he does,and I can easily see this desperate attempt to associate with the king(lol),just to get an invite into our little group,which ISNT as fun as the rest of the lads make it out to be...
    Wait a minute...looks like I read this a bit wrong lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

DAEDULUS wrote:
    If you are trying to become one of the 'lads',unless your funny...forget about it.
    Thats all lads really want in a m8 if you havnt noticed..think about this group your trying to be part of,is it not true that probably every single one of them can be extremely funny...Dont ever think you can become one of the lads by just being a nice guy to the leader of the pack or even worse,licking his ass...
    I'm not trying to boast but I would be 'one of the lads' in my school and it is so stupid when all these losers come up to me and start some random conversation that he doesnt actually give a **** about but acts as if he does,and I can easily see this desperate attempt to associate with the king(lol),just to get an invite into our little group,which ISNT as fun as the rest of the lads make it out to be...
    Wait a minute...looks like I read this a bit wrong lol :)

Secondary school I presume, based on that post....

The OP isn't trying to join a group, but get to know someone in "a" group.
    Is the difficulty here that the person in question is always in this group when you're around them??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

DAEDULUS wrote:
    or even worse,licking his ass...

Ah, the "rimming" approach...

You could try killing everyone else in the group. Then they'll have no friends and you can step in gently, seemingly out of nowhere, and offer a shoulder to cry on. Sorted.

Where do you see this person? Try asking them for a pencil in class or something and make sure you call them by name. I'm usually flattered when a random classmate starts talking to me out of the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

try talking to them?

That's a ridiculous suggestion! What happens if they talk back to you??? :eek:

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Stark

Please read the charter, in reguards to unhelpful posts,
    Have a nice day,
    Thaed

• Advertisement
Advertisement