Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

English Reg to Irish Reg.

Options
  • 05-07-2005 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Myself and a mate bought a Peugeot 205, 1989, from a friend of his. She's been driving it in Ireland for a few years, and it's been sitting up for the last 2 years. She has also lost the documents for the motor.

Anyway, would it be worth our while changing it to an Irish registered car?
    Would there be any VRT and if so would there be much?
    Do I need documents to change it over?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 FTO

From what i can remember the cost of the VRT is about a third of the cost (cost, not price you paid) of the car but if it was commercial then its only about E50 to get it regestered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

If it still has uk reg, you will need to apply to the DVL in the uk for replacement documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

That's just great, thought a got a deal. The plot thickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

The VRT will be a minimum of €315 for your car.
    She (the seller) will need to apply for replacement documents to the DVLA in Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Incidentially, if she had owned the car for over six months before she came to Irl, she could get it registered here for free (bar perhaps an admin free of c.€50).

To answer you original question,
    No, it is not worth while getting the car registered here unless it is in mint condition with low mileage and a full service history (not likely) or, unless it's a well-maintained 205 GTi.

• Advertisement
Advertisement