Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving on first provisional?

Options
  • 05-07-2005 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

I know alot of people who are driving unaccompanied on a first provisional license, just wondering what would be the consequences of them crashing into someone(insurance and legal-wise)?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Healio wrote:
    I know alot of people who are driving unaccompanied on a first provisional license, just wondering what would be the consequences of them crashing into someone(insurance and legal-wise)?

currently that isnt enforced (that i know of anyway), so the only thing they would have to worry about is not killing/injuring anyone

Its way too easy to get a provisional in this country for some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Technically, the insurance company could walk away from you and leave you high and dry.
    If you are involved in accident you can expect the book to be thrown at you. Bit hypocritical but tahts Ireland for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

As above but then I learnt to drive without even a licence on an industrial estate (lucky for me it was private property) . But I advise doing things legally and getting the test ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

BrianD wrote:
    Technically, the insurance company could walk away from you and leave you high and dry.
    If you are involved in accident you can expect the book to be thrown at you. Bit hypocritical but tahts Ireland for you.

If this is the case (Insurance company walking away from you because you were breaking the law) could they not also do this if you were speeding...etc? They are both breaking the law so I can't see why insurance companies would have to cover you in one instance but not the other (assuming it isn't in their terms that you must be accompanied or something)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

If this is the case (Insurance company walking away from you because you were breaking the law) could they not also do this if you were speeding...etc? They are both breaking the law so I can't see why insurance companies would have to cover you in one instance but not the other (assuming it isn't in their terms that you must be accompanied or something)

insurance companies wont have anything to do with that , its the law that will cause problems there
    speeding only warrants penalty points , not void your insurance.
    but in cases of cover , without a full licence driver beside you , they do not have to provide cover in serious accidents

• Advertisement
Advertisement