Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horror outside of films.

Options
  • 04-07-2005 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

:eek: Any1 reccomend any good Horror games? series? etc..

Silent Hill 2 is still the scariest thing Ive ever seen/played, I really reccomend it, its very jacobs ladder kind of stuff.. (It also has the only character I consider cooler than Pin head, Pyramid Head!, spooky sh*t..)

Also can I ask any1 whos played fatal frame 1 or 2, Is there any combat? and how does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I prefered SH1 and 3. SH 3 especially because the up to date graphics made the warped alternate-world that much more realistic.

While it's not really horror the fps Aliens vs Predator games on the PC are must haves for fans of horror games. Playing as the marine will have you as a nervous wreck the whole way through, I guarantee it.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭paddy

As above, sh1,2,3,4, and also The Suffering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Love Silent Hill 2. Didn't really get into 3, and 4 is just not grabbing me @ the moment either *shrug*.

Project Zero 1+2, if you find Japanese horror or ghosts scary, then these are so very scary!

I've enjoyed all the Resident Evil games (1-4 + Code Veronica)

The Suffering and Cold Fear a are bit sub-standard imo.

Eternal Darkness on Gamecube is really good.

If you want to get older games, theClocktower games are quite good. The first one on SNES is cool, as is Clocktower on PS1, Clocktower 3 on PS2 isn't great.

Doom 3 and as mentioned already AvP on PC are scary FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Resident Evil 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Maynard.

Yea doom 3 was solid gold!

It got a tad repedative in the middle, but its still the best Horror FPS around hands down. ;)
    Has any1 played the expansion pack? Still debating buying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Project Zero is what the Fatal Frame games are called here. Very scary.

In the second one, there's a few parts that freaked me out (haven't gone back to the game to finish it, too many things to play). One part, there's a woman that crawls out of a box, Sadako (from Ring) style, starts crawling across the floor towards you. If you think Asian/Japanese horror is scary, then this is the game for you. In anohter part, a ghost of a woman that jumped down stairs is trying to kill you. But she keeps jumping off the stairs and then crawling at you. Very very very creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Forbidden Siren, omfg i almost shat myself at some parts of the game. There is nothing scarier than hiding in a place then jacking into a zombies head to watch him look for you and nearly find you!

Advertisement