Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Painting Calipers

Options
  • 04-07-2005 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am thinking of painting the brake calipers as the current ones are a bit murky looking and have light surface rust. They are easily visable through the alloys, and I like to tidy them up.

Anyone any thoughts on this, or better still advise from any one with hands on experience would be appreciated.

Cheers
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

I presume you don't use ordinary (highly flammable) car paint ? I once had discs glowing orangey white with heat after bedding in new pads. I've seen some very funny pics (vage.ie member think) where he painted the entire disc/caliper/hub etc.in silver.

Dont do that anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

528i wrote:
    I've seen some very funny pics (vage.ie member think) where he painted the entire disc/caliper/hub etc.in silver

lol now thats taking the pi$$, painting the entire disc has gotta be a joke :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

There is special paint available for this 528.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Halfords have the paint for about €15, think they have red, blue and yellow AFAIR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Lots of places supply caliper paint - it is a two-part high temp resistant coating. Its an easy job - just tedious. Do you have drums or discs on the back?

'c

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

528i wrote:
    I presume you don't use ordinary (highly flammable) car paint ? I once had discs glowing orangey white with heat after bedding in new pads. I've seen some very funny pics (vage.ie member think) where he painted the entire disc/caliper/hub etc.in silver.

Dont do that anyway ;)
    I remember that - can't find the forum where it was but the guy was dead proud of his work and wasn't aware of the stupidity of it!

Advertisement