Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you.........................?

Options
  • 04-07-2005 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I know there is a Potter thread but I think this is still appropriate.
    Will you buy the next Potter book? I certainly will but it'S not ordered. I want to get it on the day it comes out. However I am flying to America. Will it be available in the Dublin airport bookshops at about 7 in the morning?

Will you buy "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" by J.K. Rowling? 33 votes

Yes,I have it preordered.
    0% 0 votes
    Yes,on the day but I have not reserved a copy.
    18% 6 votes
    Yes eventually,I am not in a rush.
    42% 14 votes
    No,I will borrow from library/friend.
    27% 9 votes
    No,I am giving the series up.
    9% 3 votes
    No, I never read Potter and Never will.
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'd say you'll be grand, a bookshop's a bookshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

well loads of bookshops are opening at midnight to sell/have readings so i'd say that you'd get it in the airport no problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I won't buy it no. My sister will and I may borrow it and then proceed to moan about it as usual. Although the last one impressed me alot more than the rest did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

I think I might buy it. I'll want to read it to complete the series to date and I don't know anyone else who'll be willing to buy it. But I'll get a 35% discount so it shouldn't break the bank!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Shan't ever buy it. I'll wait for the movie - on principle I've been doing this for the series because normally it's the attitude I hate. Odd yes. That and the fact I've about 1000 other book series I've started that have new books for me to read..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

kenshi... H&H at the airport is opening at midnight on the 15th/morning of 16th to sell it so no probs there. and they are normally open from 5am anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kenshi

Thanks for the reassurance. Why wouldn't they I suppose. They make profit. If they don't they lose out big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Kenshi wrote:
    Thanks for the reassurance. Why wouldn't they I suppose. They make profit. If they don't they lose out big time.

That font makes my eyes cross...

It's "Arial"( I THINK !!!!). I can't stand "Times New Roman"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lol oe of my lecturers agrees with you and we actuall had to write in arial or he wouldnt mark it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

lol oe of my lecturers agrees with you and we actuall had to write in arial or he wouldnt mark it lol
    That's silly. Arial and all the other sans-sarifs are legible fonts not a readable fonts.

I won't be buying the new Harry Potter. I read my newphew's copy of the first book and really didn't find anything terribly interesting about it. It's all very similar to stuff I've read elsewhere but better. I guess it's sort of a DaVinci Code for kids in that respect.

I'll be attending one of the midnight openings though... but only in a professional compacity.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That's silly. Arial and all the other sans-sarifs are legible fonts not a readable fonts.
    i thought he was joking but no it's his favourite font and it has to have 1 and a half spacing ofc,tut tut if you write in times new roman your not getting any marks!

crazy guy...made us design and build solar powerwater pumps in 1st year...nuff said...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

crazy guy...made us design and build solar powerwater pumps in 1st year...nuff said...
    Solar power...? Sheesh.. that's such a dead-end technology. What are going to do when the sun goes nova? How will you pump your water then, eh?

yes and people call it renewable,renew this .!. :)
    won't be pumping much with my pump for sure,i politely pointed out the fruitless points of the exercise but kept my mouth shut after i did well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i shall be buying it on the midnight at easons in dundrum sc, dont have it pre-ordered though

its becoming almost a tradition for me to get the book at midnight, read it all in one go until 5/6 am and become too tired to give a crap about it, least of all who dies

Which font do you honestly prefer though? I think this is easier to read a generally more modern if that makes any sense. It's friendly on the eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

The default font is there for a reason. Nice and big and round and it's great. Most prefer the deafult I'd say.

Arial font makes the baby jesus cry. :)

Kenshi wrote:
    Which font do you honestly prefer though? I think this is easier to read a generally more modern if that makes any sense. It's friendly on the eyes!
    your font is only annoying because we are used to the bubbly times new roman and because your post is surrounded by ours it hurts the eyes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Yeah i will buy the book on the day but i haven't preordered it....i love the Harry Potter books :o :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

For every letter you type in Aerial font, God kills a kitten.

And yes, I have an early flight that day, so I'll probably pick up a copy of the book in the airport bookshop. Keep me occupied for the half-hour long flight.
    /me googles to check whether said airport actually has a bookshop

• Advertisement
Advertisement