Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance - warning

Options
  • 03-07-2005 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Just a 'head's up' to you guys re travel insurance.

My experience.
    I took out a policy with Coverwork's Insurance (UK Company) via Visa's Australia in Dublin for my (expected) two-year trip in Oz, NZ, Canada and the U.S.
    Their literature stated that they would 'refund your premium if you returned home early for any reason' (or words to that effect).

I returned home early and guess what ---- they wouldn't refund the remainder of my premium.

After much letter writing AND a complaint to the UK Finiancial Ombudsman they finally refunded my money (all €380 of it!)

It makes me wonder what would happen if I had had to make a claim of several thousand euros on my policy ?!

Draw your own conclusions.

Advertisement