Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 02-07-2005 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

About 2 months ago I went out with this guy, we had the most amazing time, we met up again but he was goin away the week after we met
    Never thought of swapping emails etc
    When we wer together he said he wanted to be with me when he comes back, but he went away for 4 months
    I jus cant stop thinking about him, 4 months is along time, but i jus feel so i dont know what the word is, but hes just incredible
    What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

You're half way there, chin up and all that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

but hes just incredible
    obviously u think hes worth waiting for anyway...and lik Einstürzende said ur half way there.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

yeah like the others said if you feel he's worth the wait then do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Try not to focus on the present, but look forward to the future. It really isnt that long, and people have done it and worse. Your very lucky tbh, so look at what you have, and what you have to look forward to and enjoy the fuzzy warm feeling it gives you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭TheIceMaker

But i havent heard from him, what if he doesnt want me when he comes back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Ladypawpaw

But i havent heard from him, what if he doesnt want me when he comes back?

Think of it as his loss and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 del.hse

4 months isn't a long time, but if I where you I'd focus on living your own life, as there is no guarantees that he will want to continue picking up where you lift off.
    it seems strange that he's not been in touch, and I'm sure your thinking the same way.
    but long distance relationships rarely work and if you see him when he returns it wont be the same between uses becouse of the time that's pasted.
    all you can do is wait and see....if your finding it to hard then seek comfort with friends..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

I know its hard but you have to move on, maybe you'll here from him when he gets back, or bump into him or something? I hate to be crude but he is prob off with someone else, you should do the same!
    The summer screws up alot of relationships.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

From reading your post, it sounds like you weren't going out with this guy for that long, maybe a few months at the longest. And now he's gone for 4 months and your basically putting your life on hold for him, which is basically a bad idea since your both not in a long-term relationship with one another. Also why hasn't he contacted you, I take it he has your number (just not your email), surely he could at least text you, unless he has a very good reason for being able to that is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Go out and pull some randomer, forget about him, he's not worth it, seriously, plenty of nice guys out there, just have to find them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭TheIceMaker

Ok, i don't know what to do
    I just got a text from him sayin he was comin home early because he couldn't get a job, this is after nearly 3 months of not talking to him. He also said he's had a lot of time to think and he'd like to be with me when he gets back! I'm still in a state of shock. While a few weeks ago this would have been great it's not really, for about 2 weeks now,I've been going out with a friend a very good friend, and things are going really well. I never stopped thinking about the other guy though, but at the same time I really like the way things are going wiht my new sorta "boyfriend".
    The ex is back next week, I still havent replied to his text, I dont know what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Ruhan

Stay with the one you've got.

Forget the first guy.

Advertisement