Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other Voices

Options
  • 02-07-2005 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Was watching other Voices tonight on RTE great show...

Really liked Mark Lanegan's set.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Ya, what can i say, Mark Lanegan is one all round musical legend. And that female singer :0 - Dare I say the hottest thing I've seen ever to grace the series???

I was digging Saso (I think that was their name as well) before the Mark Lanegan Band came on. Kind of a cross between the Frames and Snow Patrol. Quite good me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Yes that female singer is his ex wife. I'll check out his earlier stuff. Though I suspect I'll prefer the solo stuff as its a bit darker.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Yes that female singer is his ex wife. I'll check out his earlier stuff. Though I suspect I'll prefer the solo stuff as its a bit darker.

His earlier stuff was with a band called The Screaming Trees. Definitely not as dark as his band nowadays, but still great from a different musical point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

The screaming trees were great Dust and Sweet Oblivion being to very good albums in particular

they also recently released a best of if you want to take the easy way out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

hada wrote:
    His earlier stuff was with a band called The Screaming Trees. Definitely not as dark as his band nowadays, but still great from a different musical point of view.

He's really good alright. He also does some stuff with "The Queens of the Stone Age". He doesn't tour with them anymore though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

you know you can watch his set here

http://www.rte.ie/tv/othervoices/marklanegan.html

anyone know when he's playing here next, his site's not v informative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

paperclip wrote:
    you know you can watch his set here

http://www.rte.ie/tv/othervoices/marklanegan.html

anyone know when he's playing here next, his site's not v informative.

Yeah found that later. I thought it was a great set.

Advertisement