Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl Broadband Live On Dunmore Road (merged thread)!

Options
  • 25-06-2005 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

NTL currently scrolling a notice to Dunmore Road area that cable broadband is imminent. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Do you know by any chance when they will have it in Ferrybank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

About fookin' time! I live in the Knockboy exchange area & BB has only become availabe in the last couple of weeks! Now the question is who's offering the best service??

I'm tied up with Digiweb till Feb but gonna drop them like a hot potatoe after that, 'broadband' from them is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

angry_fox wrote:
    Do you know by any chance when they will have it in Ferrybank
    You will have it by the end of the Summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

Tanabe wrote:
    About fookin' time! I live in the Knockboy exchange area & BB has only become availabe in the last couple of weeks! Now the question is who's offering the best service??

I'm tied up with Digiweb till Feb but gonna drop them like a hot potatoe after that, 'broadband' from them is crap.

If you've already got NTL then it's the only job. 1 Meg - €25 per month.
    Even the BT offer of €35 pm for BB and line rental goes up to €50 after 3 months. And the ntl one does what it says on the tin - no ifs, buts, or maybes..... :D

See here: http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/internet_cable.html

@ Marcopolo85 I'm sold man! Can't wait till Feb so! Do u have NTL's 1 Meg BB? If so what's it like? Fast & the Furious I'll bet, not like this sh*t I'm getting from Digiweb, it's only slightly better than dialup for €35 per month, fooking robbers!

& yes I do already have NTL (for the T.V.) so as I said roll on Feb!

Thanks for the link too, what a deal :)

Or does anybody else know of a better offer? (The more BB competition the better for us customers b4 we part with our hard earned cash)!

Peace.

• Advertisement

Tanabe wrote:
    @ Marcopolo85 I'm sold man! Can't wait till Feb so! Do u have NTL's 1 Meg BB? If so what's it like? Fast & the Furious I'll bet, not like this sh*t I'm getting from Digiweb, it's only slightly better than dialup for €35 per month, fooking robbers!

& yes I do already have NTL (for the T.V.) so as I said roll on Feb!

Thanks for the link too, what a deal :)

Or does anybody else know of a better offer? (The more BB competition the better for us customers b4 we part with our hard earned cash)!

Peace.

You're well away then Tanabe. Yep - I've got the 1 Meg. Constantly clocks at 977/97. Sometimes hits 1 Meg. I can't complain at all. :D:D:D

Now THAT'S what I call BroadBand, well done NTL, Digiweb take note.

Just heard NTL BB now available in Ballinakill/Collins Avenue/Grantstown Park/Riverview :D

Sing Hallellujah!

Tanabe wrote:
    Sing Hallellujah!

Tanabe - screenshot attched of 1 Meg speed captured on Sunday, July 3rd at 18:50 hours. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Thats an insane speed, im of course with good ould eircom and i never get higher than 105 kB/Sec.

Cannot wait for ntl

Here Here! That kinda speed in UNREAL! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Does anyone think that the Smart telecom deal sounds good? I mean 2Mb for
    €35 a month thats a n amazing offer.

Does anyone think that the Smart telecom deal sounds good? I mean 2Mb for
    €35 a month thats a n amazing offer.

If you can get it....... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

If you can get it....... :rolleyes:

35 euro a month for 2mb is the same as NTL, the only difference is there is no stated cap with Smart, but they still reserve the right to contact you if you go to town on it....which is basically what NTL do aswell, even though its a 30gb cap, its a soft cap with no financial penalties, you need to excessively and repeatedly go over that before they even contact you - let alone cut you off. I think thats pretty fair, considering how good the service is : download speed always between 180-300kbps, never had a disconnection, got the broadbad active in less than a week, first three months free etc...
    And think of the future, Smart are kinda rocky right now, and the NTL cable connection is capable of speeds of 10mb and more if they wanted to provide that service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Cool It sounds like a good competiter to smart,but I have to say that we had dealingss with NTL in the pastwhen i lived in Dublin and their custumer service was appalling how do you find it ?

Advertisement