Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grove Island Complex

Options
  • 01-07-2005 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello! I'm Eastern European who has been living in Limerick in the last 7 years (except the last 12 months). I've never had any problems in Limerick so far. Ony a couple of times had not very nice conversations with teenagers when walking on the footpath from UL to the city centre along the river.

Now I'm thinking of renting an apartment in the new Grove Island complex on the Abbey river next to the Corbally roundabout. There are a leisure center and a Super Valu supermarket in the complex. The apartments are very good and the whole complex looks excellent. But I've heard there are some no-go areas on the King Island whch is very close.

My question is what do you think of the safety on the Grove Island. How safe is it to live there? How safe is it to walk from there to the bus stop in William St.?

Is there any no-go areas close to the complex that I should know about?

Thanks a lot to anyone who can express opinion!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya some of those teens can be assholes but i wouldnt listen to it and as for the grove island complex being near kings island even if it is I wouldnt be to worried just your usual people you'd be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Ya, you walk through kings island to get to william st., but its the main road the estates and shops are just off that road. personally i'd say it would be ok.. except at halloween night etc (but i dont live that side of the city).
    Just in by that way, there is the taste of europe, which is an eastern european shop/ resturant and slavankya laska (or something along that line) which is an eastern european shop, so that would be a good side of the city to make u feel more at home!

Advertisement