Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dacia (Renault) Logan

Options
  • 30-06-2005 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭

Is the Logan going to be sold in Ireland? It is coming to the UK in 2007 AFAIK. It will be ultra cheap in the UK, will probably be the cheapest car on sale there. I think it's interesting to see Renault putting a car like this on sale. There has to be a market for a small family car which offers cheap, practical, simple, no frills motoring for people with no interest in image.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The €5k car and very good value at that. If it is going for sale here, it won't sell. Not in the last place because I predict the price will be in the €10k range

It's primarily aimed at the Eastern European market, China, Russia and South America

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

BrianD3 wrote:
    Is the Logan going to be sold in Ireland? It is coming to the UK in 2007 AFAIK. It will be ultra cheap in the UK, will probably be the cheapest car on sale there. I think it's interesting to see Renault putting a car like this on sale. There has to be a market for a small family car which offers cheap, practical, simple, no frills motoring for people with no interest in image.

There called the Hyundai Accent and Kia Rio.

Cannot see the Logan selling for much cheaper than the Accent or Rio here due to VRT. No such thing as cheap motoring in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I'd say one reason why it mightn't sell well here is there's not much incentive to buy a very cheap car here anymore due to the easy availability of credit. Banks are giving out loans willy-nilly and there's all kind of finance packages available. People will have the attitude that if they're going to take out a loan for a new car, they might as well take out one for 20k and and get a Golf rather than get one take out one for 10k to get a Dacia.

I have to say I quite like the concept of the Dacia. It's like a throwback to the 70s/80s when cars were a lot more functional than they are today. It reminds me a little of a Renault 9. It's lightweight and efficient and simple but still has modern features such as ABS and airbags. Reviews say that it rides and handles well and is a nicer drive than the competition from Malaysia/Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Bummer, really ...
    I'd buy it in an instant ...weeeelll ...the non existant estate version...

5k for a new car ...drive it into the ground for five years ...would suit me fine.

btw ...any idea, how much the supposedly cheap, Brazilian made VW Fox is gonna cost??

Betcha its going to be 15k+ :D

bloody VRT :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

peasant wrote:
    Bummer, really ...
    I'd buy it in an instant ...weeeelll ...the non existant estate version...

5k for a new car ...drive it into the ground for five years ...would suit me fine.

btw ...any idea, how much the supposedly cheap, Brazilian made VW Fox is gonna cost??

Betcha its going to be 15k+ :D

bloody VRT :mad:

Whats the bet VW pack it full of trade mark features such as wind-up window handles and black wrap around plastic bumpers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

5K for a new car, that would be sweet. Why arepeople constantly on about the lack of standard features on VWs? The new Focus doesn't have rear disc brakes as standard while the new Golf does, as did the MkIV.

Advertisement