Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping goods to London

Options
  • 29-06-2005 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Can anyone assist with the best option for shipping a bunch of cartons to my new place in London?

I see that Anpost seem to do it at a reasonable rate, but info on their site is rather sparse. I'm not really sure if I'd need to take my boxes down to the local post office.

This other place http://www.shippingpersonaleffects.com is more expensive, but seem to do the whole service.

Lastly, does anyone know where I can get some cartons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Argos, if I remember, do useful cardboard storage cartons... but if you use an end to end packing company, I think they offer to pack for you and supply cartons etc. - it's all to do with the sizes that fit in their container shipments.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

www.postvan.com/ie does collection in Ireland. Door to Door.... 50Kg costs €50.

How much are you sending?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Jefferson Darcy

Thanks Lump, looks decent.

Max circumference of 2m may prevent me using the cardboard boxes I had intended though. I plan to load about 3 of those with books, clothing, shoes and other odds and ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Check out Seven Seas. ts like 150 euro for 60KG. www.sevenseas.com I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

In case you ever decide to read this thread, any chance you could send over the 40 euro you owe me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Eh, have you got email/a phone/access to the PM facility/your own carrier pigeon?

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement