Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echoes of Glasgow?

Options
  • 29-06-2005 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Now this is a disturbing thing to notice. Where the hell are the parents? From the NewsLetter:
    Firefighters Shot At With Airgun As They Train

By Joanne Lowry

Wednesday 29th June 2005

Firefighters were shot at with an air rifle as they trained in a station yard in Co Antrim.

No one was injured in the incident which happened at Ballymena fire station on Monday night but Fire Brigades Union spokesman Jim Barbour described it as "scandalous".

The air gun attack came less than 24 hours after a west Belfast toddler was injured after being shot in the head with a "BB" gun, prompting his mother to call for a ban on the weapons.

A spokeswoman for the fire service said three pellets were shot as firefighters took part in a drill.

"Fortunately none of our firefighters were injured and the PSNI are carrying out an investigation," she said.

"The part-time firefighters in Ballymena provide excellent emergency cover for everyone and are very much part of the community," she said.

A mural thanking the emergency services for their life-saving work was unveiled in north Belfast yesterday.

The mural was the work of Tar Isteach, a youth club from the New Lodge area.

Welcoming the gesture, Mr Barbour said he hoped young people taking a lead against attacks on firefighters is successful.

North Belfast councillor Tierna Cunningham praised the young people of the area for "wanting to turn something negative into something positive".

Caoimhin Stanton, 15, added: "It's our way of saying that not every young person thinks the same and some of us do respect the emergency services."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

They are constantly getting stones and bricks hurled at them too. THe only thing that the people who do it are proving is that they are lower in society than the fresh dog turd on the bottom of the show. I know this sounds exetreme but I would have all the people invvolved in offences like this noted and deny them any emergancy services or make them pay ridiculous prices. I know it sounds incredibly harsh and like something Sadam Hussein would think of but thats what is require with offences of this nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭daithi

I doubt even saddam hussein would do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Well did you here that Iranian thing. A man through acid on another man in a fight and he was blinded. So the court said the man who did it had to have his eyes removed.
    I tell you who could come up with something worse , them we old ladies who go to church every morning. The things they come out with is unbelievable :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

OT, thread isn't going anywhere...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement