Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advance Pit Stop

Options
  • 29-06-2005 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Are Advance Pit Stop any good or are they just a bunch of Cowboys?
    Would I be better off going to a private mechanic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Nope, pretty much bunch of cowboys. I got a quote from them for an exhaust and it was E70 more than Kwik Fit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I disagree, they seem decent. At least, the ones on JFK Drive do.
    I dropped my car in to get wheel alignment done, as well as some brake hoses replaced. He quoted me for the work when I dropped it in .

When I went back, he was printing up the invoice, and it came to 25 Euro more than I was quoted, I asked what the story was, and he said he had forgotten to quote for replacement brake fluid. I scrunched my face a bit, and he said "ah, it's my fault, I should have quoted that, forget about it, it's free", and scratched it off the invoice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I am very happy with the service I get from my shop, loughlinstown. kwik fit are a bunch of cowboys. I got them to fit a new set of wheels to my car and one of them rammed into another parked car. no damage to mine but it just goes to show you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

in my experiance, cowboys. I went in with a sqweek coming from my brake pads and they told me I needed new pads and disc's on both sides of the car to fix the problem which is a hefty price to be paying out of the blue. I decided on leaving it and getting the brakes looked at the service, they found nothing wrong at the service...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Ya, I need the brakes and the timing belt and a full service done. I got a quote of €800 - €950 off the opel dealers in Limerick. Gonna shop around a bit first before I get it done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement