Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your take on Rob Zombie?

Options
  • 29-06-2005 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Well, fair play to him for trying his hand at movies, but I thought House of 1000 Corpses was pretty awful. Not to mention a massive Texas Chainsaw Massacre rip-off.
    I saw a trailer for his follow up, The Devil's Rejects, here:http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/the_devils_rejects/trailer/
    apparently it has a bit more substance to it than 1000 Corpses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Maynard.

I havnt seen house of 1000 corpses but I've seen many screenshots.. It does look tres TCM rippish, but there seems to be more leather face esque characters?..

As for the man himself, I have read quite a few rob zombie comics.
    They truly suck. If his films are anything like them, they are pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I quite liked House Of 1000 Corpses. Nothing but a cheese-ball of a movie, but I think Rob just wanted to recreate the whole feel of the films he loved from the 70's, and if that meant taking a huge chunk out of TCM, then so be it. I enjoyed it for what it was; a camp throw-back to the glory days.

I'll definetly be looking out for The Devil's Rejects though, it has Ken Foree! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Man, it has Ken Foree AND Steve Railsback.

I enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses, it's a homage to old cheesy horror movies, and definitely should not be taken seriously, it's just good clean horror fun.

He was on Cribs before, the Horror DVD collection that man has is drool-worthy.

Advertisement