Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm just not feeling like me...

Options
  • 28-06-2005 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have this large shadow hanging over me...
    I'm in dept...
    I'm always fighting with my parents...
    I'll I want to do is sleep...
    I'm tearing up all the time..
    I've been with this guy who treats me well but amits that he doesnt love me nor will he ever...
    I hate my job..

everything anyone says feels like a personaly insult!

I do not want to seek medical advice...
    i have done before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sounds like you need to see a counsellor.

As for the boyfriend - ditch him.

The job - have a think to yourself, take some days thinking about what area of job you would be more interested in. Have a skim through the newspapers that have job vacancies to get more ideas.

As for being tired - this may sound stupid but drink lots of water.. I felt tired and bored for a while and when I started drinking litres and litres of water I felt like my brain had more oxygen and I was alert much more throughout the day. However, tiredness could be due to the rows and the general dissatisfaction you are having with life right now.

Have you sat down with your parents and talked about why there is tension?

Seriously, please consider going to a counsellor. I understand that money is a problem but this could be an investment for your well being and health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

How old are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

I agree with Gordon.

Sometimes Medical advice only helps if you realise why you're there in the first place.
    Don't feel bad or silly about seeing a counsellor. I saw one once or twice for something really silly, but my god it felt so good afterwards. Honest, consider it, whats the worst that can happen?

D..

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I’m in my early 20's...

What’s the worse that could happen..? I could end but with some label hanging over my head...

I grew up with a manic-depressive with multiple personalities...

He said I was BI-polar 2 or something like that before he killed himself...

I know what happens to people that end up with mental labels in this country!

Sorry feeling very negitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sounds rough.

If you don't like labels, then don't accept them. Its not current terminology to refer to "diabetics", merely "John with diabetes" - John is still a human being like you and me, diabetes need not define him.

Anyway, let someone else diagnose you - self-diagnosis isn't very successful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

I have this large shadow hanging over me...

I've been with this guy who treats me well but amits that he doesnt love me nor will he ever...
    I hate my job..

Get rid of the two of them for starters.

Advertisement