Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

PARKING in wales

Options
  • 28-06-2005 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi my girlfriend's coming over to c me for 3 weeks, but she's leaving her car in hollhead, any idea's for car parking there and is it safe!!!thanks :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Can nobody use Google any more? :P

www.google.com -> "Holyhead long term car park"

http://www7.stenaline.co.uk/servlet/se.ementor.econgero.servlet.presentation.Main?data.node.id=1885&data.language.id=2

"CAR PARKING
    Short Term (20 minutes) parking is available FREE at Terminal 1.
    There are two car parks available for Long Term parking which costs £5 per day or £20 for 7 days. 60 Spaces are available at the port entrance and a further 500 spaces are a short ride from the port at the main car park. A FREE Park & Ride bus service to and from Terminal 1 operates around the ships arrival and departure times.
    Cars are parked at owner's risk. The car parks are patrolled and have CCTV coverage."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BILLY b

sorry for not explainging myslf,what i meant was any "cheap" ideas she's over for 3 weeks!!!!!!! thanks for the that it will b last resort..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

BILLY b wrote:
    sorry for not explainging myslf,what i meant was any "cheap" ideas she's over for 3 weeks!!!!!!! thanks for the that it will b last resort..........
    £60,- isnt bad is it! Thats less than 3 euro a day.
    For something as valuable as a car i think its a small price to pay for patroled and cctv'd parking.
    Is it not a possibility for her to get a lift or coach to the ferry?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Any reason why she won't bring her car if she's getting the ferry?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

Get a train to holyhead. The station is just beside the ferry port.

You could park it up a side street, which will cost you nothing, but the chances of the car being there when you come back would be slim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

Bring the car to ireland??? Park the car wherever you want, cos she'll have an english reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Bringing the car with her is probably going to work out more expensive than the £60 quoted for secure parking.

There's a train station within staggering distance of the ferry port, and a very regular train service along that line. You can also get combined train/ferry tickets in the UK that will work out even cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

kermit_ie wrote:
    Get a train to holyhead. The station is just beside the ferry port.

You could park it up a side street, which will cost you nothing, but the chances of the car being there when you come back would be slim.

LOL my cars been there for a year, and its a 2003 car! perfectly safe but dont park it behind the takeaways, if u can in front of them , they are just on the right hand side of the port. alternatively at the back of the railway station on main street (this is the street that leads onto mainstreet) thats ok also. anywhere else is dodgy dont put it in laneways.also thats bad form really.
    b careful some spaces are 2 hours only but part of that main street behind the railway station is free permenantly. cops drive up and down constantly, at the end of the day its a rural welsh town, and everyone knows everyone and so nothing happens if u know what i mean ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BILLY b

hey thanks lomb, il try and explain that to her,sounds good,she might stay another week, so if your car's been there 12 months she'l have nothing to worry about,car's only 4 years old, THANKS,
    but train station sounds good not sure what train times are like will check !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

BILLY b wrote:
    but train station sounds good not sure what train times are like will check !! :)
    Depends where she's coming from. The trains along the north coast of Wales are, as far as I can recall, very regular, every half hour or so. I'm making a wild guess that she'd have to get to Crewe to change to get ob that line but I'm not sure. And as I said, she can buy a combined train and ferry ticket at the train station of departure which will save her a bit too.

• Advertisement

BILLY b wrote:
    hey thanks lomb, il try and explain that to her,sounds good,she might stay another week, so if your car's been there 12 months she'l have nothing to worry about,car's only 4 years old, THANKS,

u cant park in the train station car park as its metered, on the street behind is ok, my recommendation is outside the indian takeaway/ the george pub etc on london road check for broken glass on the ground and dont park anywhere u see broken glass and ul b ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Would the cops not become suspicious about a car just parked there for weeks on end?

Bond-007 wrote:
    Would the cops not become suspicious about a car just parked there for weeks on end?

why? i pay my taxes, ive paid enough tax there on income and roads/cars. i expect some service unlike other people. thats why i pay my tax.anyway i go back and forth, i move it a space or two every few weeks. was there yesterday, all fine with it, still its a nice car to be sitting there rusting away in the salty air...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Parking in Wales and no-one has mentioned Jonah - the original "lock-harrdd" guy ..

Advertisement