Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

headlight alignment for nct

Options
  • 28-06-2005 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

anyone know where to get this done in dublin 15 at a reasonable price, or how to maybe even do it myself as i can see how to adjust them i just dont know what the proper allignment criteria is and id hate to fail the nct over my lights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Nope no idea is there a kwitfit near you, price around and see what you get, look up the Yellow Pages as well.

Easy to do yourself if you know the measurement and that, otherwise it maybe a bit dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

There is a Kwik-Fit in Blanchardstown/Coolmine, near Power City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't fail you over the lights.
    They would tell you to go get them done,
    so off you go, get them aligned, bring it back and show them.
    If they don't have to use any equipment to re-check it(light alignment doesn't need equipment), then you don't have to pay anything.

This happened my mothers friend when my mother was getting hers done.

Maybe they are different in Dublinia, but that's how it is in KK.

So you could just chance it, unless you are sure yourself that they aren't properly aligned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

My car failed due to headlight alignment. Retest cost 27.50euro. They need to use the machine again to check they have been correctly aligned hence the fee.

Advance Pitstop were charging 25euro to get it done. I got a backstreet mechanic to do it for 10euro.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

dawballz wrote:
    I'm pretty sure they wouldn't fail you over the lights.
    They would tell you to go get them done,
    The can and do fail over mis-aligned headlamps (I found out in my test despite them supposedly being done by the dealer the day before!)
    If you fail over headlamps being misaligned then you are charged a re-test fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

ill give kwik fit in coolmine a go and let ye know

Advertisement