Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf Timing Belt Interval Change

Options
  • 28-06-2005 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Does anybody know the interval change for the timing belt on a VW Golf 1.9tdi on a 01 plate?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Most timing belts should be changed after 50 - 60 thousand miles. My VW petrol reccommends 60k. Best change it if you're close to 60k just to be sure.. will be an expensive job if it breaks.. ooch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I have an Astra and i have to get the timing belt changed now every soon it has 70k miles, should have been changed at 50k miles. I d reckon a deisel would be close to that as well.

I read somewhere some lad got a new timing in his car from his dealer, he picked the car up drove down the road and the belt went, he rang the dealership and they replaced the engine with a new one. SWEET. Really doubt that it was new tho. Well depends on the age of the car really.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

According to the manual its 90,000km

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Every 40k to 50k miles.

Advertisement