Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 Player.... (4 xbox link up)

Options
  • 28-06-2005 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Well, a few of us are thinking of getting a 16 player going and it's probably going to be in my house. So just wanted to make sure i won't be standing there going "i though this would work" on the day. I have the 4 tellies, and plugs blah blah but as far as linking up goes:

Cat5 is ok right? I have 4 cat5 cables, and im not spending 15 euro for an "official link cable" so i presume they will do.
    Also, i have a wireless router (netgear DSG48...) which serves my laptop and Pc broadband. It has 4 ethernet ports on it, so i guess it will work ok as a hub? Was thinking though, with the 4 xbox's hooked up physically, would i be able to do anything cool with the laptop on wireless? Like have it overviewing the game, or serving, it recording it,or whatever? Apart from that, what should i know?

THanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Ive only ever gone as far as hooking up 2 xboxs with 8 people. Cat 5 will be fine for the cabling. thats all the "offical ones" are (cant believe they have the gaul to charge that much for em).

What game lets you play 16 players btw? Im guessing one of the halos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Well Halo's are all i know of at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Dont forget you'll need 4 copies of the game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Halo, Ghost recon, battlefront, r6 BA, :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

Here's an interesting use of system link: http://community.forzamotorsport.net/pitpass/multi-screen_madness.htm?c00=1
    I havent tried it myself but if you have Forza and enough TVs and Xboxes, it might be a laugh.

Halo 2 is great fun but it might take some players a while to get used to it (tell them to be patient). Star Wars Battlefront is very good too but like a lot of xbox games it doesnt support split screen in system link so 4 xboxes = 4 players. Halo2 allows 16 players on 4 xboxes but it also has several different game types CTF, king of the hill, oddball etc which all require different tactics. Also, team play adds a whole new dimension when nobody else can see a team's screen and is the most fun way to play imo.

• Advertisement

Halo:CE 4 xbox's, 4-6 people, oooooh yeah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ondafly

I've had 8 xboxes all connected up. One problem we did come across though, was xboxes that had been on xbox live, had their games updated. These games were not compatible with same games on xboxes with no update.

solution was to delete the updates from the machines, and loose your save game data.

Once an unpatched version hosts, the others should be able to join, ie. GR2, h2, but for games like R6Black Arrow, the patch needs to be removed :(

Advertisement