Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Guys - Pink Helicopter

Options
  • 28-06-2005 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

My apologies if I have the wrong forum, I couldn't find a more apt area.

I remember I used to watch a TV series from the late seventies - early eighties on Sky One during the early nineties. It was about two private detectives or else cops who flew a big !salmon! coloured helicopter. I think they lived on an island. Obviously they battled all sorts of crime and evil doers with the help of their big pink-ish helicopter and more!!

The main guy in it as far as I remember was the same guy who starred in Jake and the Fat Man.

Does anyone else remember this show? I used to really love it and it's been wrecking my head for years that I can't remember the name of it.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Yeah, I remember it well. The show was called 'Riptide' (IMDb entry here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086789/ ) and, if I remember correctly, the helicopter was called 'The Screaming Mimi'. It was a heap-of-junk old Sikorsky Choctaw/Westland Wessex and was always breaking down on the guys.

You're right about it being on Sky One as well. I remember it used to be on of a Saturday afternoon around lunchtime, if I remember correctly, for a few years after the launch of Sky One in 1989.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Aidan ya legend, that's the one!!! Fair play to ya, I don't have to rip out my hair in frustration anymore.

No problem, eo980. Happy to help....... and happy to help in preventing you going bald, too! ;):D

By the way, anyone else remember another show that used to be shown on Sky One around the same time (1989 to early 90's)........... 'Hunter'? Think they used to show it of a Friday night around 8 or 9 o' clock. About a Los Angeles homicide detective called Rick Hunter and his lovely partner, Didi McCall (Yum! ;) ). Anyone? I used to watch that all the time. Hunter had a great big fúck-off gun as well, think it might have been a Desert Eagle .50 or a .44 Magnum Automatic, something like that anyway. Was really cool, though. And Didi's car was cool, too, an Chevy Camaro IROC, if I recall correctly. And bonus points out there to anyone else who can remember Hunter's catchphrase........

"W**ks **r *e!" ;)

I'm just waiting for someone to come up with a really dirty answer, now, based on the hint I've just given above. It looks really bad, doesn't it? But it's not dirty, trust me, despite how it may look! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

"Works For Me"

great show. both riptide and hunter used to be on Sky (now Sky One) on friday nights (Riptide @ 8pm, Hunter @ 9pm). didnt riptide have a geeky guy with a robot? and didn't McCall have to go undercover as a prostitute every week...heh heh the 80s rocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnnn I have a crap memory and can't remember Hunter.

• Advertisement

"Works For Me"

Correct! I'm surprised someone else didn't come up with something dirty there! :D
    great show. both riptide and hunter used to be on Sky (now Sky One) on friday nights (Riptide @ 8pm, Hunter @ 9pm). didnt riptide have a geeky guy with a robot? and didn't McCall have to go undercover as a prostitute every week...heh heh the 80s rocked!

Yeah, there was a computer nerdy-type fella with a robot in 'Riptide' alright. And, yeah, Didi McCall always seemed to end up going undercover as a hooker every other week it seemed, alright. But what a hooker, eh? ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

dont worry i was thinking the diry line!!

Well, as they say in the Tayto ad, "There's always one!" Isn't that right, *Page*? ;):D

Advertisement