Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah no, not today, not now

Options
  • 28-06-2005 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know this isn't a medical forum, but this morning one of my testicals started hurting, and did for about an hour. It only stopped a minute. I'm so scared, and upset. I had to cancel work, and i'm gonna ask my parents to bring me to the doctor later. I need comforting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hey Man,

I wouldn't worry about it too much- it's kinda common enough. Mine used to hurt a bit when I was in school, but it wasn't too severe and I never bothered with it too much. I was on holidays one year in Scotland and one of them got really sore, so much so that I couldn't walk anymore and had to sit down until it passed. I was really scared when I came home but I knew I had to go and see the doctor. I went AND ................ nothing. It just happens, it doesn't mean too much. It happened to one of my old flatmates as well. His was really strange in that it kind of went mushy as well (disgusting I know), but he went to the doc as well and nothing also. I think his was somehow connected to his cycling so much and it being under pressure.

Don't worry about it so much- yeah it can be really uncomfortable and hurt like hell, but that doesn't really mean the worst. Go the doc and see what he has to say. It's probably nothing too worry about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭rideordie

have a **** or something..the tubes might be clogged..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

rideordie wrote:

you seem to have that on your mind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Happens to mine a bit generally nothing to worry about if its really bad get it checked out. don't forget to check your testes for lumps every now and then. now i'm off to take rideordies advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

A bit like me probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well, i went to the doc. He said theres no lumps or anything like that, it could be from the strain of beginning to cycle again, and it was the same side as i had an operation on. That or I was sitting funny, it got twisted in sleep, or its a small harmless cyst. If it happens again in the next 1 or 2 days i've go for an ultrasound...

But, yeah, its very comforting to go to the doc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

rideordie wrote:

Believe it or not rideordie does make sense. If your particuarly horny and haven't released the 'build up' it really can make it sore down below.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

A case of blueball perhaps?

Seriously, have you had an erection for long time without actually sorting yourself out?
    That is one of the worst things a woman can do to a man.. Its like a preliminary kick in the nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭CaptainPeacock

eo980 wrote:
    Believe it or not rideordie does make sense. If your particuarly horny and haven't released the 'build up' it really can make it sore down below.
    This is true, although I think long abstinence (a week or more) would be the cause and I'm not sure if the pain would last for an hour. The doctor will probably say it's nothing, but see him or her anyway.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

tortion (basically twisting your sac around yer tubes) can cause SEVERE pain. this usually occurs in the morning as far as i know. all joking aside, anyone with such pain should GO TO THEIR DOCTOR! sometimes(not in the case of this gent) it may require some type of surgery to undo it(this will Not inhibit future baby making attemts!)

• Advertisement

This is PI not a dating forum.

Please read the charter,
    Have a nice day.
    Thaed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

K-TRIC wrote:
    you seem to have that on your mind ;)

It's ALWAYS on a mans mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

consider yourself warned.

Please read the charter,
    Have a nice day.
    Thaed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Back on topic. Do you do any sports? A friend had a pretty bad groin strain in college and he said that it felt like a kick in the nuts. Morte than likely something similar but get it checked if you are worried.

Although in saying that - it could just be blueballs!!...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Problem answered, time to lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

TBH, Rideordie, I couldn't care less about your frustration.

Your posts are unhelpful and needlessly graphic; I suggest you make a positive contrabution, or none at all.

I agree,

One week ban

Please read the charter,
    Have a nice day.
    Thaed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,142 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Sleeping with boxers on can cause problems (twisting etc).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

I used to get it a lot wearing y-fronts but changing to boxers fixed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Andor

A pain in the nut can also be an indicator of something going on elsewhere, such as Appendicitus or a Kidney Stone. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement