Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euphony - wat ye think of them

Options
  • 28-06-2005 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

I was hearignabout euphony lately
    they seem there a bit too good to be true
    wat are yer opinions on them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

If you could use proper English on here I'd appreciate it mate :)

I'll have a look at that company in a bit, I don't know anything off hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

nesf wrote:
    If you could use proper English on here I'd appreciate it mate :)

I'll have a look at that company in a bit, I don't know anything off hand.
    oh sorry about the language used
    il keep tat in mind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

synchro wrote:
    oh sorry about the language used
    il keep tat in mind ;)

It's no biggie mate. It's just a serious enough forum so I prefer people to use proper English.

Especially since I have to read every post on here and I find txt speak very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

euphony operate what they call multi-level marketing, which is essentially a pyramid scheme.

You become a consultant (which you have to pay to do), get people to switch to euphony and earn a small percentage of the telephone bill. You can also recruit new consultants and earn an even small percentage of what ever they sell. You also receive a kick back every time you recruit a new consultant. This carries for four or five levels.

Having looked at the company and attented one of the brain washing seminars out in city west, i would say avoid at all cost.

just my two cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

theres an iniatial start up fe of 310
    for the first agent you recruit, you receive 130e and 65e for every other agent you recruit thereafter
    you receive 2-4% commision on the phone bills of your costumers
    you need a minimum of 5 costumers after 40 days of signing the contract with them.
    it seems like quite a good deal to me
    please comment on my post if you can elaborate on any of my comments ;)

fintan wrote:
    euphony operate what they call multi-level marketing, which is essentially a pyramid scheme.

You become a consultant (which you have to pay to do), get people to switch to euphony and earn a small percentage of the telephone bill. You can also recruit new consultants and earn an even small percentage of what ever they sell. You also receive a kick back every time you recruit a new consultant. This carries for four or five levels.

Having looked at the company and attented one of the brain washing seminars out in city west, i would say avoid at all cost.

just my two cents

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

fintan wrote:
    euphony operate what they call multi-level marketing, which is essentially a pyramid scheme....

I looked at it too and it is basically a pyramid scheme. In my opinion you should stay away. These two links have a lot interesting about multi-level marketing http://www.skepdic.com/mlm.html and pyramid schemes http://www.skepdic.com/pyramid.html

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

I got to a point where I had attended about 3 seminars (brain-washers as someone called it). This was along with the BC (Business Consultant) under which I would fall.

Soon I had my own 2 BCs also lined up.
    We all had at least 5 customers we could sign over.
    Only then where we all going to pay our entrance fees (to be ahead of the 40 day limit).

We all then got very busy with our own day-time jobs and families and we let it slip. Never signed up.

We realized that the time and effort to get to just that point was far too much to consider simply a part-time work/hobby.

Basically... to get a reward out of it you would have to put in a lot of time and effort. It IS a multi-level marketing scheme and I assume once a certain saturation level is realised in a marketplace that the tail enders will suffer. But I reckon that Euphony is in it's infancy wrt Ireland. But then you open up the moral/ethics debate.

I for one am glad I didn't sign up. However I will most likely sign over from Eircom for the 10 euro per month unlimited calls 24/7 that Euphony offer with no contract/obligation

Only restriction is that your phonecall shouldn't exceed 59 mins... but simply hang up and ring again. Even when friends/family phone you...you can tell them to hang up and you'll call them back.

Landline to Landline only for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Ah, yes, I had a friend who did this for a while. Odd; he's perfectly sane otherwise.

Advertisement