Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Email Server

Options
  • 29-05-2001 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking is there any chance of a boards.ie email server being set up? I think it would be a good idea for both sides, ie: site hits and easy to remember email addy's smile.gif

vacilator@boards.ie sw33t biggrin.gif

Just an idea..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I heartily support this idea!

bard@boards.ie ... love it smile.gif

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Yeah, that would 0wn smile.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

absolutely, great idea! smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We'll look into it, but its a big step.

DeVore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Very big step...
    Seriously, make it say £10 a year for your email with maybe 10 or 20mb of space, and its usable with OE, and you can collect it at lans etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

could set up a free email service, eg. on the zzn network... have one myself webmaster@azezil.zzn.com smile.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

or you could do it through http://www.bigmailbox.com. they set up all the e-mail software, and the mail is stored on their servers, and the interface the user sees, can be customised to look like boards.ie or whatever. everyone could get @boards.ie address's!.

and it's free!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one"</font>

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

www.everyone.net is what i use -serving over a hundred mail addy's...
    only problem is they've started popups which are really irritating -otherwise it's very reliable- and takes a lot of the headache out of the process ...
    tuppence worth,

lph

Advertisement