Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crazy Taxi Driver

Options
  • 28-06-2005 8:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

I thought I had seen it all until the incident that happened yesterday evening. Was sitting in the gfs car stuck in traffic on George Quay at the junction with Tara st. She was in the right hand lane and 2nd car stopped at the lights. Next thing a taxi passes on her outside, 2 wheels on the road and the majority of it on the footpath. The lights had just turned red - he drove straight through them still on the path forcing 2 pedestrians to jump for cover.

Called 999 straight away - took the details and said they would put out a description of the car. He also said something that they could not do anything unless they stopped him last night and that if I had not heard back to contact the carriage office today with the details. I would have thought they would do that, or does a complaint have to come from the public.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

TheMonster wrote:
    I would have thought they would do that, or does a complaint have to come from the public.
    Why can't you do it? I've made the same point on a similar thread - if you are not prepared to put in the (little) effort that it would take to report the guy to the carriage office what makes you think the Gardaí can/should be ar5ed? I may be misreading your comment but it gets up my nose when people expect the Gardaí to follow up on every little complaint - they have better things to be doing with their (other than perverting the course of justice in Donegal of course).

As for dialling 999 - 999 is for emergencies. I don't think people blocking up an operator with traffic offences is really a good idea. 11850 and ask to be connected to a local Garda station would be a better approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

did your gf brake suddenly? maybe the taxi driver was taking avoiding action. 999 aint the number to be calling for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

We were stopped in traffic and had been for a while - don't even think he came from behind us but further back.

As for not calling 999 - nearly mowing down 2 pedestrains at lights warrants it in my book.

My point regarding the carriage office is that surely I shouldn't have to report something twice - isn't it part of the Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

TheMonster wrote:
    As for not calling 999 - nearly mowing down 2 pedestrains at lights warrants it in my book.

Thats precisely the point, 999 is for emergences that have happened or are happening, there was nothing a cop could do on arrival to your 'scene' bar take your statement and has been pointed out before there are more appropriate contacts for that in this instance.

I would def follow it up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

Yes you should report it to the carriage office, since you were the person who made the original complaint , it would help if you got the drivers taxi plate number, he would be called in to the carriage office straight away, and could be prosecuted to the maximum extent i.e dangerous driving 5 points on license, and PSV license revoked, its taxi drivers like that who give the rest of us a bad name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭disillusioned

but don't the taxi drivers own the roads?????

no WE dont ...........not yet anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭disillusioned

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Yes you should report it to the carriage office, since you were the person who made the original complaint , it would help if you got the drivers taxi plate number, he would be called in to the carriage office straight away, and could be prosecuted to the maximum extent i.e dangerous driving 5 points on license, and PSV license revoked, its taxi drivers like that who give the rest of us a bad name.

Amazing. All that sensible talk coming from a taxi driver ... and with a name like Banzai_Runner. You're a dark horse, you are ;)

DubTony wrote:
    Amazing. All that sensible talk coming from a taxi driver ... and with a name like Banzai_Runner. You're a dark horse, you are ;)

What can i say....a mis-spent youth... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

TheMonster wrote:
    Next thing a taxi passes on her outside, 2 wheels on the road and the majority of it on the footpath. The lights had just turned red - he drove straight through them still on the path forcing 2 pedestrians to jump for cover.

He may have had a pregnant women in labour in the back seat trying to get to the maternity hospital !?!

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

ZENER wrote:
    He may have had a pregnant women in labour in the back seat trying to get to the maternity hospital !?!

I doubt bumping around over footpaths would be the best treatment for a pregnant woman!

(One bump too many and... pop!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Sico wrote:
    (One bump too many and... pop!)

News flash ! Taxi rides provide fertility hope !!!! :D

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Maybe he wanted to avoid hetting his taxi soiled so was rushing to the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

that video is amazing,that driver is one experienced driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

ZENER wrote:

ZEN

maybe, but kiling the rest of the population to do it is not very smart nor appreciated.

or maybe he was driven by a great urge to get her out of there before she popped and got his nice pee stained seats even more so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

drdre wrote:
    that video is amazing,that driver is one experienced driver.

Definitely one for the circuit of Ireland. still i'd not stand too close to him/her either. Gravity can be a bitch sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Ah ... so that's what a Weapon of Mass Destruction looks like.

Great music. :rolleyes:

wether there was an emergency or not , he is not an emergency vehicle , so the rules of the road apply to him, anyway its been 8 days since the incident , lets hear from The Monster , and see what action he has taken since then.........................................................

• Advertisement
Advertisement