Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitches Brew

Options
  • 27-06-2005 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have any comments on this album by Miles Davis? I just downloaded it, am gonna take a listen tomorrow in work, 6 songs at a whopping 90 minutes long :eek:

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Great album.

No need to tell everyone you're stealing music. It is illegal you know?

Fusion
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

It's bought and paid for;)

http://songs.allofmp3.com/mcatalog.shtml?group=8077&album=18&albref=14

Granted it's alot cheaper, but i don't like the likes of Kazaa etc. I'd rather pay for something when i know what i get, rather than gamble with the illegal downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

It's the single greatest album of all time, in my opinion. If I could only take one CD to my desert island, I would take disc one of Bitches Brew. It's so beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Skycat

Can't go wrong with Pharaohs Dance.Your probably missing "Feio" off that download.Pity.That record is a mother****er.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wildly overrated! ;)

It depends what you're after, Davis has done better but in a different style.

Of his "fusion" area stuff this is one his better outlings though I have to say I could happily live without Pharaoh's Dance. Miles Runs the Voodoo Down is the best track for me.

If you want a great Davis fusion album get In a Silent Way, just 38 mins long and only about 25 mins of actual original music (the rest is editing) but somewhow it works a treat. The title track is gentle moon-lit genius.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, i also downloaded Sketches Of Spain, looking for forward to listening to them.

Bitches Brew - Not bad, very long, will take a bit of getting used to.

Sketches Of Spain - Better, and i'm only on the first track :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

In A Silent Way is my second favourite. You almost wouldn't think it was recorded in such proximity to Bitches Brew. They're so different!

i'm still trying to comprehend listening to an album made in 1949:eek: That really is amazing when you think of it, what band around at the moment will be so widely known in 60 years, not many me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Desmo

mike65 wrote:

If you want a great Davis fusion album get In a Silent Way, just 38 mins long and only about 25 mins of actual original music (the rest is editing) but somewhow it works a treat. The title track is gentle moon-lit genius.

Mike.

In a Silent Way is indeed great. How did you know about the original vs. editing part? That is intriguing. I love these background details.

Des

• Advertisement
Advertisement