Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other girls...

Options
  • 27-06-2005 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I love my girlfriend to bits. We have been going out for a long time, and I couldnt be happier.
    However, she is very very very experienced, and I basically am not at all. So recently I've been texting this girl, and shes hinting at a sexual meeting, no strings attached.
    Its so tempting for me, not due to sexual want, but a desire to just be able to say "yeah, ive done this with 2 girls" for piece of mind. I want to marry my girlfriend, but yet I feel like I am not ready to commit to one girl if you understand. Yet I dont want to loose her.
    My question is two things - firstly, most obviously - what do I do? And secondly - has this ever happened to others?
    This problem wouldnt be here if I was more experienced - but I just dont want to be committed to one girl for the rest of my life without any prior experience

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh

You are quite normal I broke up with a girl I was seeing for ages, cos I was her first, and I knew at some stage she would go and sleep with someone. So I let her go. That said, if you have a gf, then you will be doing the dirt, and its not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

My question is two things - firstly, most obviously - what do I do? And secondly - has this ever happened to others?

No, you are an unique and indiviual snowflake. :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

WHy would you break up with her because she has more experience? Thats all the more reason not to do the dirt on her, you have a gf who knows stuff, dude take time to learn from her and enjoy every second of it!

D...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

She ****in freak if she found out and it might end something special you got going

Bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

tell her what you want to do and why you want to do it and see if she's ok with it. Honesty the best policy

• Advertisement

tell her what you want to do and why you want to do it and see if she's ok with it. Honesty the best policy
    Could you see any girl being ok with their bf going away to sleep with some other girl cause he thinks he needs more experiance? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

dont cheat! cheaters are the lowest lifeform! granted your not going to know anything first off but who does, if she loves you the way it seems she will understand that you are new to it and it'll be fine. Your gonna feel awkward the first time sure but who doesn't and hey practice makes perfect!

Le Rack wrote:
    dont cheat! cheaters are the lowest lifeform! granted your not going to know anything first off but who does, if she loves you the way it seems she will understand that you are new to it and it'll be fine. Your gonna feel awkward the first time sure but who doesn't and hey practice makes perfect!
    He considering marrying her, theyre far beyond first times :rolleyes:

But sleeping with other girls in unessessary, youl get better anyway :cool:

Could you see any girl being ok with their bf going away to sleep with some other girl cause he thinks he needs more experiance? :p

Maybe not for more experience but if he did like her (the other girl) and his gf consented i see no prob with it. but doing it the sneaky way not too cool

Maybe not for more experience but if he did like her (the other girl) and his gf consented i see no prob with it. but doing it the sneaky way not too cool
    WTF :confused:

If he likes her(the other girl) then sleeps with her wouldnt that be considered cheating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You say you want to marry her yet you want to sleep with other girls. This says one thing to me: you aren't ready to commit. Marriage would be a bad idea if you had doubts like this. If you cheat on her and you're both as in love with each other it'll end in heartbreak. Being cheated on feels horrible. It can be really devastating if you love the person and aren't expecting it at all. If you need to have other sexual experiences go on a break with your girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SingingCherry

If you want to be with other women, go be with other women- but you have to give up your girlfriend first. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It's just cruel. Yes, breaking up with her will hurt her and have her in bits, but she'll be even more hurt if you decide to have no strings attached sex with this text-girl. Do you want to take the risk of her finding out about your infidelity and never trusting you again?

Another question: have you ever actually met this girl? If not, that's something else to think about. Is sex with a stange girl you know only through Motorola worth it? I'm guessing not.

One more point before I go- A lot of people, over the internet, and other anonymous means of communication tend to be a lot of talk, and no action. So, you might be giving up a great thing for nothing at all.

One more point before I go- A lot of people, over the internet, and other anonymous means of communication tend to be a lot of talk, and no action. So, you might be giving up a great thing for nothing at all.
    Seconed

Know what your getting into before you do anything, dont just go on impulses

WTF :confused:

If he likes her(the other girl) then sleeps with her wouldnt that be considered cheating?

not if he's get permission from his gf

not if he's get permission from his gf
    But who would permit that? :eek:

You'd be surprised not all people have monogamous views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

He considering marrying her, theyre far beyond first times :rolleyes:

But sleeping with other girls in unessessary, youl get better anyway :cool:
    he said he has NO, well little to no experience. You dont need to have had sex or not to think about marraige, and despite that the first time with different people is always different.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

What age are you OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I love my girlfriend to bits. We have been going out for a long time, and I couldnt be happier.
    However, she is very very very experienced, and I basically am not at all. So recently I've been texting this girl, and shes hinting at a sexual meeting, no strings attached.
    Its so tempting for me, not due to sexual want, but a desire to just be able to say "yeah, ive done this with 2 girls" for piece of mind. I want to marry my girlfriend, but yet I feel like I am not ready to commit to one girl if you understand. Yet I dont want to loose her.
    This problem wouldnt be here if I was more experienced - but I just dont want to be committed to one girl for the rest of my life without any prior experience

Thanks for any replies.

Seems to me you're using the idea that you need another sexual encounter as a way of overlooking the main issue - you're afraid of commitment. Think about it - what will having sex with another girl accomplish for you in the long run? You will feel like sh*t afterwards. Your girlfriend's experience is irrelevant. You can't change her past. Having sex with another girl could screw up your current relationship? Is this something you might want subconsciously?

Here's what you have to ask yourself - are you content with being with and sleeping with the girl you're with for the rest of your life? It's a significant question and if the answer is no, it's nothing to be ashamed about.

Figure this out first before you do something you might regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

just do it ,whos gona know (but they all find out in the end) get it outa ur system,do it more do it again just dont get caught. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

You'd be surprised not all people have monogamous views.
    True. But open relationships, swinging, polyamoury et al are great for those that can handle them, but disasterous when one person really wants to be monogamous goes along with it because they feel they will lose their partner if they don't, or if people see how well polyamoury can work sometimes and want to emulate that without really being okay with it.

So, it's not something to just ask straight out as you finish breakfast and prepare to head out the door for the rest of the day.

Also, if the OP seeks an experience purely for experience's sake he may not learn much beyond the fact that sex can be crappy. A valuable lesson perhaps, but hardly worth the potential price. Sex doesn't always have to be the expression of a lifelong commitment, but it really should have something behind it other than insecurity and fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

Once the eyes chase the rest will follow.

I also would like to add that you are more than likely going to go ahead and leave her by the sound of it. Technically you shouldnt be entertaining the thought if you love her. Having said that i am no expert on this. But a friend of mine recently slept with a few people and he regrets it and will twice as much when she finds out-

They always find out- Karma baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Le Rack wrote:
    he said he has NO, well little to no experience. You dont need to have had sex or not to think about marraige, and despite that the first time with different people is always different.

He meant no experience with OTHER women, not sex in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

Get some Kama Sutra on the go. Read up on Tantric sex & impress her. That Le Rack fellar/fellette is correct- Cheaters are the lowest lifeform!!

Big long frantic Noooooooo......

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

yeah i agree dont cheat, its can really hurt someone, if you did really love her and were contemplating marrying her then the thought of cheating on her shouldnt cross your mind. you will get better, just experiment different ways in the bedroom and stuff, dont let her experience come between ye, you should learn from her instead of seeing it as an obstacle in the relationship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

oohhh!! your a horrible boyfriend!

Talliesin wrote:
    True. But open relationships, swinging, polyamoury et al are great for those that can handle them, but disasterous when one person really wants to be monogamous goes along with it because they feel they will lose their partner if they don't, or if people see how well polyamoury can work sometimes and want to emulate that without really being okay with it.

Thats why honesty on both parties account is key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

If you want to marry her then why is it important to have experience satisfying other women? Surely to be able to satisfy and be satisfied by her is all you need to concenrate on. I would think that having experience with other women is inconsequential. Even if you don't intend to marry her, for the duration of your relationship you should be concerned with the sexual relationship between the two of you rather than any sexual relations with other people. She's not going to care whether you have satisfied twenty others before her, but will probably only be interested in whether you can satisfy her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Its so tempting for me, not due to sexual want, but a desire to just Yet I dont want to loose her.

how can you say you love her to bits and want to marry her when you want to go away and have no strings attached sex. in my opinion you sould be thanking your lucky stars that your first time was with someone special and who you knew respected you and loved you and were feeling all the same emotions you were at that time. you can look back and be proud of the first girl you slept with. not like being 16 drunk in a back alley with some girl true???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I'm in the same situation [with a partner with more experience], but I honestly believe that I would never consider sleeping with someone else just to gain more experience!!

My finacee has stated in the past that if I ever felt the need to get more experience, she'd accept that & let me do it ... but the problem with that is although she may conceed to me doing it, she may not get over it!!

Plus one further thing, what's to say that once you've done it, you may not do it more often ... like taking a p!ss whilst on the beer, once the seal is broken, it's very hard to stop :D

Advertisement