Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilets in Restaurants.

Options
  • 27-06-2005 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

What exactly is the deal with legislation about toilets in restaurants? Does there have to be one? Because sitting in Burger king today,moment of weakness, that amount of people who came in just for the toilet was scary. If I was running the place I'd either charge for the use or get rid of them completely.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think, (but am not entirely sure), that any place that allows people to sit down and eat food must provide a bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

yes thats correct. they must provide a toilet for customers and a seperate toilet for staff. even if you only wished to put one table on your premises, such as a chipper with small floor area, toilets are a requirement. although i have come across places that have ignored the rule. the health inspector will order them to make the necessary changes however when s/he calls. any restaurant has the right however to make their toilets coin operated to try to prevent use by non-customers, but many of them choose not to do this because lots of customers wouldn't be too impressed with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

When you gotta go, you gotta go.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think I have been in some fast food places without toilets, proper ones you would expect to obey the law. If I find one I will just have to return my food after eating it, dirty protest style, all over the walls :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The restaurant in the Stephens Green Ctr (used to be kylemore) has no toilet, you have to go up to the top floor of the shopping centre and pay 20c to use the toilet.. (Robbin B******s) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

whenever im on o'connell street, waiting for my bus back to galway, and need to go, i always use the ones in burger king! They'll never catch me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

xzanti wrote:
    The restaurant in the Stephens Green Ctr (used to be kylemore) has no toilet, you have to go up to the top floor of the shopping centre and pay 20c to use the toilet.. (Robbin B******s) :rolleyes:

if ya show ur receipt ya get in free.... i've seen people pick up receipts off used trays to save 20c!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

I remember an e-mail going around recently where it was described as going for a "Mc****".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

burger king is not a resteraunt....its a **** factory

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Incidently, the law says that if someone knocks on your front door and asks to use the toilet, you have to let them. So burger king can't refuse people who come in just to use the toilet. Also it's illegal to piss on the street, but having a crap is legal.

John

• Advertisement

I new I heard this somewhere
    This is the only possible use a civilised person has for McDonalds, as a convenience when you're caught short when out and about. In the vernacular it's called taking a McPiss™. If you get challenged by one of their pimply youths on the way to the loo, you simply say that you need to take a leak before ordering. This is called a McPiss™ with lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Lump wrote:
    Also it's illegal to piss on the street, but having a crap is legal.

thats handy to know....

Lump wrote:
    Incidently, the law says that if someone knocks on your front door and asks to use the toilet, you have to let them. So burger king can't refuse people who come in just to use the toilet. Also it's illegal to piss on the street, but having a crap is legal.

John
    AFAIK both of those are not true, as is the one that a garda must give you their cap to crap in and must cover you with their jacket as you do so.

urban legend laws

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bewley's in Kilkenny (no longer exists) never had toilets, they always sent people who needed a dump to the shopping centre's general toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Lump wrote:
    Incidently, the law says that if someone knocks on your front door and asks to use the toilet, you have to let them.

Dave... My wife would like to use your toilet.

Advertisement