Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug Refund Scheme?

Options
  • 27-06-2005 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

I signed up for this last month.
    Its the one where a family has to pay no more than €85 for their prescriptions in any calander month.

Can anyone tell me how long i should expect before the card arrives in the post for this. Also can i claim back money spent on prescriptions this month. Since i am already registered but have no card at present.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I think it took about a month for my cards to arrive but give the health authority a call to check for sure.
    You will be able to claim from expenses from when you're registered; even if you don't have your card yet. Just hang on to the reciepts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollyantic

Thanks for the answer.
    I was thinking that the card might not arrive.
    If i wait til July it'll cost me more money to get prescriptions i need for holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

This is one of those things that everyone should do asap. Even if they are well atm etc.

Your local pharmacist should be able to help you with it and tell you all you need to know about it etc.

I'd also check this part of the Revnue Commission site regarding medical expenses and claiming them against tax. Basically you get to claim everything that qualifies for relief back from the government in the form of a tax credit. You are not covered for the first 125 euro, you need to pay for this yourself. Also, you will recieve the refund at the end of the tax year (there are exceptions to this, but they are rare). Good info here also

Hope the above helps some bit.

Advertisement