Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pond with no filter!

Options
  • 26-06-2005 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

I just bought a new house recently and it has a pond out the back with a Koi (7"-8") and two goldfish.

but it only has a small pump with a fountain attachment on the top.

there is no filter and I have a serious green water problem.

what I want to do is get a filter and at the same time build a small waterfall on the side of the pond (the pond is about 900-1000 gallons)

I don't have a huge amount of money to spend, but I want to make sure the fish have a nice environment to live in.

So i was wondering what type of filters/pumps i will need to have everything on the one system(circuit).

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

You problem can be solved almost instantly.
    You require a Green geni fliter.
    This is the thing to filter a small pond.
    First calculate the exact gallonage of your pond. Take the adverage width multiply by the adverage length and the by the adverage depth.
    Err on the greater side. Its better to have too much filter than too little.
    If you do the measurements in square feet and then cubic feet, multiply the total by 6.25 to get gallons and the 4.5 to get litres.
    As you are on a tight budget the standard range without a u.v. attached will suffice, but if you can afford a little more the u.v. attached to the filter will rid you of green water.
    When calculated properly you will be suprised that the filter is the best value on the market.
    At a later date when you make the pond bigger you may be able to spend a little more
    The filter can then be buried under the new waterfall.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Do you know a good place to buy the filter and a pump for the waterfall?, I would like to get the one with UV, just because of the algea.

Advertisement