Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test tommorow

Options
  • 26-06-2005 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I have my Driving test tommorow in tuam at 1:10.
    I am having a lesson before hand.
    And i had a fair few lessons and think im good enough.

Any tips or words of wisdom for those of you who went through it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

The best advice I can give you is to try and get there in good time, relax and most importantly of all, when you're doing the test, if you think you made a mistake or fuked up forget about it straight away and continue on as if nothing happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

the best advice is never ever panic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

advice from me is that if you stall start the car back up and keep going, say to yourself that everyone stalls at every level and that you can still pass! I DID! and Im crap!

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY MOTORING AS WE KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Small thing - make sure your car is pointing in the direction you're going to go in when you start the test. This can avoid having to start with a stressful reversing manoeuvre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

aodh_rua wrote:
    Small thing - make sure your car is pointing in the direction you're going to go in when you start the test. This can avoid having to start with a stressful reversing manoeuvre.

When I did my test and he handed me the cert I asked him why he hadn't asked me to do a 3 point turn (do they still call it that?). He told me there was no need as I did a perfect one in the car park at the start of the test.
    My advice is to relax and just get on with it. It's a test of your skill and judgement. If those are any good you'll get it. If they're no good, you shouldn't be driving. But don't worry, most of the people on the roads shouldn't be driving either ... but they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

good luck in ur test today and tell us how u get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

DubTony wrote:
    It's a test of your skill and judgement. If those are any good you'll get it.

Sorry Tony, total rubbish.

What do you say to all the drivers whose "skill and judgement" are perfectly fine, but who have been failed at test?

At the risk of stating the beedin obvious: a tester can fail you or pass you -- regardless of your test performance. If the c**t gets it into his head to fail you, there's nothing you can do about it.

I had a little c**t [for my test] in Limerick a year ago... he used the point of his biro to open my electric windows. I knew at that moment I was going to fail... which I did.

How many holders of full licences are devoid of "skill and judgement"?? We've all seen them.

Lastly, a friend-of-a-friend etc passed her test on a Monday and wrote the car off on a Tuesday. She omitted to check for oncoming traffic while making a right turn. Oops a daisy :-0

...still... she must have mighty "skill and judgement" since she passed her f-ing test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dpr

I took my test in limerick 3 years ago, thought I did fine and I failed. Did it again a month later, drove exactly the same way and I passed it no problem.

Sometimes it just doesn't matter how good you are at driving, there's always going to be a certain percentage that fail, otherwise they are out of a job. Young males are the usual target.

A friend of mine passed her test, she admits to being a crap driver, she
    thinks that she probably only passed because the tester was paying more attention to the low cut top she was wearing than to the road!

good luck in the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

aodh_rua wrote:

Oh Jaysus noooooo imagine having to reverse.... :rolleyes:

And at the feckin driving test of all things!

campers wrote:
    Sorry Tony, total rubbish.

What do you say to all the drivers whose "skill and judgement" are perfectly fine, but who have been failed at test?

At the risk of stating the beedin obvious: a tester can fail you or pass you -- regardless of your test performance. If the c**t gets it into his head to fail you, there's nothing you can do about it.

I had a little c**t [for my test] in Limerick a year ago... he used the point of his biro to open my electric windows. I knew at that moment I was going to fail... which I did.

How many holders of full licences are devoid of "skill and judgement"?? We've all seen them.

Lastly, a friend-of-a-friend etc passed her test on a Monday and wrote the car off on a Tuesday. She omitted to check for oncoming traffic while making a right turn. Oops a daisy :-0

...still... she must have mighty "skill and judgement" since she passed her f-ing test.

Hello campers, Hi de hi :D .... :rolleyes:

Seems to me you may have some issues with your tester. Not a lot I can do about that, but anyway ... let me explain. And I'll quote myself if I may be so bold
    It's a test of your skill and judgement. If those are any good you'll get it. If they're no good, you shouldn't be driving. But don't worry, most of the people on the roads shouldn't be driving either ... but they are.

My post did not say if you have no skill and judgement you'll fail, it said if you have good skill and judgement you'll pass. Therefore it didn't imply that crap drivers with bad skill and judgement can't pass their test. It actually implied that most of the crap drivers actually did pass their test. So there :p

You're apology is [strike]accepted[/strike] ... eh ... [strike]expected[/strike] .... aah ... whatever. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

So did the OP pass or fail? Be interested to know.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

DubTony wrote:
    It's a test of your skill and judgement. If those are any good you'll get it.
    ...implies that someone who fails lacks skill and judgement.

campers wrote:
    ...implies that someone who fails lacks skill and judgement.

I think we should put this to bed quickly.

Thousands of people with good skill and judgement fail the driving test and thousand with bad skill and judgement pass. As I said, we see them on the road all the time.

You can take from that whatever you like.

HO DE HO !!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement