Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dangers in town

Options
  • 25-06-2005 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

any girl ever been preyed on by men in town when drunk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I think it happens every night to multiple .... multiple women. If its Dublin we are talking about its just a cattle market for women in town. Especially at 3 am.

Please read the charter,
    have a nice day.
    Thaed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes it happens.
    Yes it can be hard to advoid it but not drinking so that you are drunk
    and in a state is the best thing really.
    You have to keep your withs about you unless you are with friends you can really trust and they are not all going to get hammered too.

The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre

The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre offers a free, confidential listening and support service for women and men who have been raped and/or sexually abused at any time in their lives, or for anyone who wants to talk about the effects of sexual violence.

The service offers a 24 hour telephone helpline staffed by trained counsellors 7 days a week. Although the Centre is based in Dublin, our counsellors take calls from all over the country.

Our counsellors are there to talk with you, they will listen and understand the issues around sexual violence, they will listen with empathy and will not judge or criticise feelings or actions.

At the Centre the counselling team have been specially trained to listen carefully and to give support and information, and are committed to keeping the calls strictly confidential.

We take calls from people of all ages, both men and women who have experienced rape, child sexual abuse and other forms of sexual violence. Our counsellors will also speak with friends, relatives and concerned persons of the victim.
    24 Hour Telephone Helpline

The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre offers Confidential Listening, Support & Information for Women and Men affected by:

* Rape
    * Date Rape
    * Marital Rape
    * Male Rape
    * Incest
    * Child Sexual Abuse
    * Sexual Assault
    * Sexual Violence of any form
    * Sexual Harassment

The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre operates a 24 Hour Helpline, 7 days per week.

The Freephone number of the Helpline is 1 800 77 88 88.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Never be afraid to call for assistance from gardai or security if you feel threatened in any way - it is better for a false alarm than a rape or assault. Don't drink so much you don't know where you are going, and try not to be on your own at least until you are on the bus home or a taxi you trust. Play safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

Yeah, also if you do have to go home on your own, make sure you have it arranged that you'll text or call a mate when you're safe. I always insist that my friends do this when they're going home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭horsesnout

what exactly does "preyed on" mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

wrote:
    ELMO KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE!!
    And he knows where you go drinking too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

you might wanna be more specific than "preyed on"

i cant think of any girl i know who hasnt been "preyed on" in vague way by a man.

that said, if you mean been taken advantage of when drunk, which is what im guessing what u mean, was he buying you drinks or were you knocking them back? if its the former, you are obviously an adult and should know better than to let a stranger buy you a lot of drinks. if its the latter, you should also know ur limit.

im not fingering the blame for this on you, if a guy took advantage of you then its not your fault. however, there are guys who "prey" on women, and women know that they're out there, we live in the 21st century and the information age. no one goes out blind, and if ur blind your not stupid. be a grown up and drink responsibly. if you cant manage that much you should neither be drinking or having sex.

and if you were raped, call the cops. ffs dont just post on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭CaptainPeacock

any girl ever been preyed on by men in town when drunk?
    Is that not what you want to happen when you go into town to get drunk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

not only at night time but during the day too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

OK guys, i want less of the 'you know what you can get into when you go drinking crap'.

if this a question about going out getting drunk and waking up in a some random persons bedroom, then weve all been there, and sh1t happens,

however, i believe this is more about serious.

its not a question of you wore a skirt, we are not disussing morality or ethics here.

each of us have the right to go out and drink without having to worry about date rape, spiked drinks and whatever else.

lets keep this discussion in the realms of what the OP is talkinga bout, and not digress on a tangent of 'did you do something to deserve it' type crap that the males of boards.ie come out with.

this is first warning to everyone. anyone crosses the line on this thread will smacked down, regardless of any charters or anything else.

this is your warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SingingCherry

each of us have the right to go out and drink without having to worry about date rape, spiked drinks and whatever else...

...this is your warning.

Yay! I'm so glad you said it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Check out the women's self defence course called 'Reduce the Odds' on www.defendu.ie It's specifically designed for women and covers the most common sexual assault scenarios... it also teaches you how 'not' to become a victim in the first place...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Men, especially drunk men, will take any chance you give them.

I had reason to talk to the Rape Crisis Centre last year (for someone else) and I found them very good, very professional, well informed, comforting, accepting and understanding. If you need to talk to them, then do, at your own pace.

Advertisement