Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

online taxing

Options
  • 25-06-2005 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

Hey whats the story with taxing a car online ?Would I still have to post up that RF100 saying that it was off the road since december?And does it take long for the disc to come back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

bout 5 days for the disc to come...thats in dublin anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You can only renew tax online anything else must be done at the local Motor Tax Office.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

bloody quinn direct telling me they cant speed up the policy even though i done it over the phone tuesday an it should of been here by now , tellin me go tax it online just use the policy number............................................................................................................eegits told me tuesday id have the cert in 2 days , i was really hopin to tax it today an collect it monday.hEY MIKE IN WATERFORD do ya go to the glen to tax or the place down near fitzgeralds accountants?An do ya know if they shut 1 ta 2 , ill have to do it on me dinner hour like.yea if ya go in an pay they give ya the disc there an then dont they?

The Tax office is on Cathereral Square behind Bishops Palace at the Reggies Tower end (green building). As far as I know they are open during lunchtime.

Mike.

Hey im filling in the tax form at the min , its got a certificate of roadworthiness section , is thsi the nct?Do I need to bring in something saying its been nct`d to tax it?
    The declaration of non use bit is confusing me , the vehicvle registration cert went into my name on May 30th this year but the car wasnt taxed since last december , Do i put non use since December on here or is it only non use since I bought it?Do I need to fill in this even like because its June now so it hasnt had non use really.I dont know im very confused.
    Help Please

• Advertisement

Okay the NCT is the Cert of Road worthiness which you will need. You will need your insurance cert too. As regards the period of non-use. You are only liable for the tax from the start of the month you bought the car. So if you bought car in May then the back tax is from May 1st. Anything prior to that is'nt your concern.

Don't worry, they'll help you with anything your unsure about. They get alot of newbies through the door!

Mike.

dAMN I`ll have to drive to kilkenny now for the NCT , Bloody nuisance , Thanx mike , yer very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

NCT cert is no longer required to get road tax.

So it is or it Isnt? :confused:

Phone them up! :)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

NCT cert isn't required. I taxed my car last week in Dublin in the tax office without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭samo

And I taxed mine in Naas a few weeks ago without an NCT....would be extremely surpirsed if they asked you for it, I also forgot my insurance disc when I went in but had already written the policy number onto the RF100 form and they didnt look to see the policy document.

Hey i got my thing off quinn today but like the insurance cert thing for the windy aint in it , ya dont get that til ya send off signing for the direct debit , will the proposal form do me if the guards stop me with no disc over the weekend ?Im insured since last friday like but i dont have the disc yet an im collectin the car friday.

Should do if its got the date that the policy kicks in on it.

Mike.

Just been to the guards , they said what I have is grand til the disc comes , got me rf100 signed an went to kilkenny for me nct , now waterford drivers , look out friday :D

What do you drive? You gotta give us a chance to avoid you! :)

Mike.

heh a green 95 punto , dont worry ill have L`s everywhere visible to the human eye :D an me lookin scared sh*tless driving it.

Advertisement