Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Suicide Note

Options
  • 25-06-2005 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

In 19 years I have never once considered myself close to anyone I've know.

I've never had a friend that I like and never had a meaningful relationship. I feel detached from society.

I work for the sake of working. I have no motivation to work, it is just what is expected of me so I do it but I don't know what to do with the money I earn. I have little interest in material things yet that is all I spend my money on for I can't think of what else to spend it on. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I have no special someone and I have no interest in becoming the next Bob Geldof.

I have no desire to move away from home for it will only bring me bills that my unused money will be further wasted on and only serve to isolate me further.

I have a constant feeling of complete and utter emptiness and my mind is screaming out for me to do something about it but yet offers no solutions.

I find it increasingly hard as I get older to establish new connections with people but that is what I long to do for I feel that I might find purpose in meeting someone I actually like for a change but disturbingly it seems to be in my nature to destroy all connections I make.

I desire stillness. I want the world to stop moving so that I one day may start it moving again with some sense of understanding, some feeling of purpose but I know that can not be possible.

I live for the sake of living.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

I live for the sake of living.

not a great literary piece but i like it. possibly 'caus i'm listening to joy division. and just so you feel better it takes a lot, and i mean a lot, for me to say that i like anythin. post somethin new soon. make it longer. put some work into it. it'll be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Yeah, not quite a poem, not quite a short story. It's one of those random things I did up in between pieces but had no place in anything I was working on but I kinda like it myself so I decided to post it here. Different from what I normally do but I kinda find suicide notes poetic in their own right. I might post one of my short stories up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

christ next time i click on something like this i gotta check out what sub forum im heading off too bloody hell

i thought it was a legit note and i was like woah kewl and stuff but yeah..

woah cool and stuff man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭oddlyaromatic

It's a bit clinical, until the end (which is dynamite).

Found it hard to attach to - though maybe that's symptomatic of the guy anyway. That's it really, the language was a bit detached, and there was one really long sentence "I find it increasingly..." which might have worked if more attention had been paid to it.

It's a good effort though, and erring on the technical actually made it better than being overemotional. Not a bad read, but room for improvement. Could be a very effective introduction to a short story, if you use it right.

Hell I might even steal the idea :).

So thanks.

Advertisement