Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxygen, Muldoons and Peigs sold for €10m

Options
  • 24-06-2005 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Heres the story here, they made some profit. Whats going to happen to the place now? Heard a rumour that thee premises is going to be turned into a hotel....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

angry_fox wrote:
    Heres the story here, they made some profit. Whats going to happen to the place now? Heard a rumour that thee premises is going to be turned into a hotel....
    i would,nt say that the new owners would get planning permission for a hotel in that particular area of the city plus i,d say myself that bob tweedy is more than likely the new owner i would,nt at all be surprised. anyway oxygen is a dive. hope the new owners do sumthing better with it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

phelo05 wrote:
    i would,nt say that the new owners would get planning permission for a hotel in that particular area of the city plus i,d say myself that bob tweedy is more than likely the new owner i would,nt at all be surprised. anyway oxygen is a dive. hope the new owners do sumthing better with it

rofl sure, you'd also think that various developers wouldn't get permission to build all the flats around town, its amazing what money does :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tweedys must own about 4 pubs/clubs already.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

mike65 wrote:
    Tweedys must own about 4 pubs/clubs already.

Mike.
    ye ruby,s, rubys lounge,the woodman,mason,s,ten,ulysses,and the other place on the dunmore road. he apparently has also got a niteclub in los angles???? don,t know if it true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

It would be cool if the railway square crowd bought it and extended the centre out to the junction, putting an entrance on the corner...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

phelo05 wrote:
    ye ruby,s, rubys lounge,the woodman,mason,s,ten,ulysses,and the other place on the dunmore road. he apparently has also got a niteclub in los angles???? don,t know if it true

Used to work for the chap for 2.5 years..

He is involved in a few pubs in Switzerland.. or at least he was a few years
    back. This may have changed.

I wouldnt be surprised if he was the new owner alright and Tweedy and the Kavanaghs have always been involved in business together..

A good purchase if it you ask me.. kinda corners the market for nite clubs in
    that part of town..

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Tweedy is the new owner but the Kavanaghs didnt know that he was the one buying it when they sold it. They don't see eye to eye. It's staying as it is for now but don't be surprised to see changes next year.

Also, 10 million is not that much of a surprise seeing as though the sale included boston cleaners and sinnotts as well as the pbs and clubs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    A good purchase if it you ask me.. kinda corners the market for nite clubs in
    that part of town..

Corners the market in the whole town more like...

There all pretty **** pubs and clubs TBH though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Rubys is some dive. There letting anyone in there now, and the price of drinks......

The kavanaghs made some profit. Heard some interesting stories about John Kavanagh. quiet a business man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

**** sake! What will it take for *other* business men (other than Kavanaghs/Tweedy) to invest in the ****ing city! No wonder the nightclubs are all the ****ing same. ****ing pop music meat markets every one! (except the forum I suppose...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Waterford is so lame for decent nightclubs and pubs. Every club night of the week it’s Robbie Williams or some chessey dance song been bashed out, it’s horrible. In cities like Cork, Galway & Limerick you could go to a decent house or techno nightclub pretty much any night of the week, not just Saturday, or just go to a bar and listen to hip hop or DnB for the night. It’s a shame that people here are complacent enough to follow the crowd to utter crap nightclubs like Oxygen and Rubys. Yuch!
    The Forum and Axis Mundi are the only two clubs in Waterford who are making an attempt to provide decent music to people. I'm not talking solely about house/techno, they're getting in some rock bands also. At least it’s a bit of variety

Advertisement