Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondello - Sunday???

Options
  • 24-06-2005 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭

Heard on the radio there the other day that theres some kind of motor show on in Mondello....cant remember the name of it!....but was on last year too!

Cars on show
    Drift Racing
    Drag Racing
    Etc Etc

Heard that it was on Sunday but didnt catch which Sunday!

Is it this Sunday or next Sunday or whats the story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

I think its this sunday, dr4g w4rz or some mad maxxing sh|te, step right up two corsa wings wesht bodiekits for a paund :D

If its any good (ie anything over 200hp) I might go, surley theres a websh|te detailing the event someplace..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

http://www.mondello.ie/m.php?page=OD_News
    OVERDRIVE ATTRACTIONS
    DRIFTING
    One of the main attractions will be the 'Drifting Arena', which will be located on the International loop, offering many excellent vantage points for spectators. Drifting requires drivers to drive the circuit while 'drifting' the tail of the car, the aim being to keep the tail of the car in a slide for an entire lap of a circuit that includes a number of changes of direction as well as long straights.

DRAG SPRINT
    The drag sprint finals were one of the highlights of OVERDRIVE '04. With many racers vowing to return with quicker set-up's on their cars for this year things should be even hotter. The modified drivers will compete in three classes before the best of them go head to head with the best of the competition cars. Last seasons winners Robbie Thornthon (Skyline) and John McCluskey (Citroen Xsara WRC) can expect a tougher ride this time around.

AUTOTEST DEMONSTRATION
    The highly entertaining Autotesters return again with their own brand of precision driving. Whether front wheel drive Mini's or rear wheel drive sportscars these guys know how to slide the rear end, but witheverything under control as they navigate the demanding course. The autotest takes place in the paddock throughout the day and features side by side racing as the drivers aim to be first over the line but without touching the pylons.

STEER FROM THE REAR
    Steer from the Rear are three tyre smoking boys from Northern Ireland who perform stunt driving displays throughout the UK and beyond and are making their first appearance at OVERDRIVE. The trio of identical 300ZX cars will perform a number of times during the day in the paddock.

CHARLENE HART
    Top UK Model Charlene Hart makes her first Irish appearance at OVERDRIVE '05. The newest pin-up star will be on hand to meet spectators and sign autographs throughout the day and will also appear on the podium to present the awards for all of the day's competitions.

Anyone able to find a cost of entry on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

528i wrote:

If its any good (ie anything over 200hp) I might go, surley theres a websh|te detailing the event someplace..
    Well last year there was a 400bhp Micra which blew a Ferrari away...in fact the whole drag racing oppostion barring a 500+bhp 306...which was fookin fast! :D

And as for the drifting.......was good....but was so funny when one guy took out his Vauxhaul Cavalier GSi similar to the one below but in red
    and went a lil wide and ripped the back wheel off! LOL

Cavside600.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh

Small chance I might be working there on Sunday, if they need me. Id rather not, cos if Im on the gate, you is not getting in with less than 3 litres, or at least a turbo + 2 litres. Yall better pray Im not on the gate. :D:D

Kersh wrote:
    Small chance I might be working there on Sunday, if they need me. Id rather not, cos if Im on the gate, you is not getting in with less than 3 litres, or at least a turbo + 2 litres. Yall better pray Im not on the gate. :D:D

Not going to be on the Track show off you silky skills Kersh??
    Oh yeah....what skills :rolleyes:

Might see you there Kersh......well might see you but wont even know its you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh

I might go down anyway, Ill be in the lovely red 300zx with the nice wheels etc.
    Ill probably be in the paddock dying laughing at some of the sh1te that does show up at these events. That said, there does be some nice motors too. If you see me, intro yourself curran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

il have the camaro there,its in the slick mag stand.there should be some nice women there :o hope the sun comes out they look better when its hot :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

anyone know the cost of entry and the times of the different attractions? Cant find any info on the site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

ando wrote:
    anyone know the cost of entry and the times of the different attractions? Cant find any info on the site

http://www.mondello.ie/m.php?page=OD_News_2
    Last paragraph:

[On top of the On Track action and the hundreds of modified machines on display 'OVERDRIVE' will also see an increased number of trade stands and exhibitors. The event opens to the public from 12:00 noon and runs through until 6:00 with the prize giving scheduled for 5:30. Admission is €20.00 for adults and €10.00 for under 12's.]

thanks, i'll be there. sounds like fun

What a rip off! €20....do they do student discount!?

good laugh alright, I have tons of videos and pics. Will post some later. Nice Ferrari and M3... Impreza wagon supprising a lot of ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

wat a fun day!! was soo sunny it was great!!
    that high octane skyline 700bhp wat a beast i love it!!!!!! :D

Awe I wish I hada went now seein all those pics! Ah well had a good day at the beach! 350Z looks animal

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jackal

I was out for a motorcycle trackday yesterday in mondello, the day after drag warz. Whoever ran this event left the place in absolute ****e, a car in a ditch, and apparently all the muppets who went to see it acted the bollix on the way home and caused numerous complaints by locals.

jackal wrote:
    a car in a ditch, and apparently all the muppets who went to see it acted the bollix on the way home and caused numerous complaints by locals.

I cant say I seen any messing on the way home, although I left at about 4:30ish, dunno about later...

Advertisement