Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

::BMW Mechanic needed::

Options
  • 24-06-2005 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a mechanic with BMW expeirience to look at a problem with my E30 316 this weekend in Walkinstown (D12) if possibe. There is a strange humming sound coming from the back end inside the cabin and it gets slightly louder the faster you drive. We have replaced the exhaust backbox (needed it anyway) and this hasn't made much differnce.

Any help would be appriciated.

K-TRIC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

sounds like the rear suspension, or mayb dodgy brakes?something wrong with the calipers/disc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I was thinking the diff myself, but I really need someone to check it out that knows what they are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Saturnine

Wheel bearing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Saturnine wrote:
    Wheel bearing?

We took off the left rear wheel and spun the hub. it's rubbing on one side on the break disc. Do you think it could be caused by worn bearings. If so how is this remedied ??

Advertisement