Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sharing the road

Options
  • 24-06-2005 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

At the risk of being shot down in flames, I'm going to give this a go anyway :)

I ride a motorbike, I also drive a car. There is a lot of "us and them" spouted on this and other forums, the reality is we all use the same roads and on occasions cause problems for each other !

This following leaflet went out from the National Safety Council along with road tax renewal reminders a few years ago. I doubt many people read it, I certainly didn't remember seeing it and was told about it by another biker.

Please download it and have a read when you have a minute. Car drivers and bikers alike !

http://www.irishbikerforum.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=193

Cheers,

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Wheres the leaflet......thats a link to another forum in which you posted a similar post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭jiffy

Click on "Sharing the Road" It's a link to the PDF of the leaflet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

AHHHHHH.....you should have said! ;-)

Sorry :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement

Cba ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

couldn't be arsed - to make nice pretty linkies ;)

I only linked to the post so that people could decide which one to read :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Just read the top of the This is your bike leaflet. It says that it's proposed that all motorcyclists may need to take approved lessons before being allowed on the road. What a shame that's not being put in place for car drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

AFAIK the intention re lessons is that the system will be piloted for bikes and then applied nationally for cars. There are I believe about 50,000 motorcycle licence holders. Can't recall the figure for car licences, but it's well over a million. Not much point in have properly trained motorcyclists when 75% of accidents involving bikes are caused by other road users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

bike on the road i dont mind, it those arseholes with their horses and buggys i cant stand. they shouldnt be allowed on the roads

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/147599/2/harness_racing_practice.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

a_ominous wrote:
    Not much point in have properly trained motorcyclists when 75% of accidents involving bikes are caused by other road users.

agreed ... but for all that's sacred a_ominous, let's not go there again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

I got the leaflet with the car tax renewal last year iirc - I read it :)
    *pats self on bike, er, back* :D

causal

Advertisement